Revelations and Resonance

Present Day

"What do you mean waited for me? Hmm?" I glared at him, determined to hold back my emotions until I heard his side.

"You are my mate, Eva; you always have been. I was waiting until you were 18, but then the Navy happened, and you left before your official birthday...so I couldn't tell you." My growl rumbled, fueled by frustration. WAIT TILL MY BIRTHDAY!

"So, you're saying you had a crush on me...and you wanted to tell me on my 18th birthday, but since I decided to DO SOMETHING with my life, you never told me..." I stalked towards him, my anger escalating with each step.

"Now, Eva...listen, that's how our pack runs. We wait until everyone is at least 18..." His eyes widened a little as I advanced, challenging the explanation.

"So, you decided that telling me about this side of my life was going to happen when I was 18..." Heat surged in my belly, my chest and face turning red.

"Eva, you need to focus. If you get too mad, you might shift." His words only fueled my anger.

"So, you lied to me my ENTIRE LIFE!" I glanced over to see people coming out of the house. "What? You want to watch the freak go off!" I growled, and someone quickly ushered everyone back inside. "So, you lied to me, never telling me the truth..." Glancing back now to see my parents step forward. "And you two! FUCK YOU." I knew I was acting like a brat, but I was not in the mood. "I'm leaving. FUCK YOU ALL." Spinning around and heading back from where we just came, I felt a hand grab my wrist. Quickly spinning around, I grabbed the hand and twisted it, finding Nate on the ground next to me.

"DON'T. TOUCH. ME." I growled lowly and turned.

"Eva, please listen to Nate." I glanced at my parents.

"You lost the right to call me a daughter when you hid this secret. Are you both one of them?" I glanced between the two to see them shift uncomfortably. Yep, they both are. "I hope, I never shift, and I hope I am never like you. My daughter, if I am ever blessed with children, will never know you, BUT she will know there is a possibility of her being this. I hope for her sake and mine, she never is."

Quickly walking inside, I changed into something comfortable for the long flight to Japan. Grabbing my duffle, I'm off, taking off towards my car, and I started to rethink everything. My family keeping this secret. My "mate" never telling me. I shook my head and kept walking. Instantly I felt watched. I stopped.

"Whoever you are, I sense you, can you please step out? I don't like being followed or watched." I waited and saw Nate and another person step forward from the woods.

"I apologize, we just don't want you getting hurt." The mystery man said as he looked between us.

"You can talk to me, you know, I'm not Luna. I will never be Luna. So don't look to him to ask permission." Snapping my fingers at him to make him look at me.

"Now Eva," I stopped him right there.

"DON'T fucken Eva me...I am refusing you as a mate; I will outright reject you if I have to...maybe I will! You lied. Simple. You know, I wished for so long to be your mate, to be a werewolf so I could finally see if my crush was something more." I threw up my hands with exhaustion and just pure disbelief. "You made me feel at home. Now I feel like I'm in an alien world. It isn't worth my time. I need to get to my car now; I have a plane to catch." I started towards my car again. Sadness took over; this was not how I had hoped my last day would be.

Racing towards my car, I heard their footsteps close behind as I navigated towards the driveway.

"Please, understand Eva...please." I heard Nate's voice behind as I finally reached my car.

"No, you need to understand. I am sick of people ruling my life. I have enough on my plate dealing with the navy controlling everything...Do you think I want YOU or this Pack to control the rest of this...this bullshit!" Standing at my car looking between the two of them. "Well?" Sighing and starting to get upset, I quickly unlocked my car and opened the door. "What's your name?" I glanced over to the random stranger next to Nate.

He glanced between us and cleared his throat. "I'm Hades, Miss." I tilted my head slightly.

"Like the God of the dead?" Staring at him and glancing over a few times. My senses quickly picking up something different about him. He wasn't normal. Not wolf, not human.

"Yes, Miss." He shifted uncomfortably...and kept glancing to Nate.

"Mmm, I see..." Quickly turning back to my car, I quickly get in. "Now if y'all will excuse me, I have a plane to catch." Shutting my door and turning my car on. I hear a knock on my window causing me to jump. Glancing to the side, it's Hades.

"Yes?" I say as I roll down the window.

"He's gone; we can speak freely if you please." He replied while searching my face.

"Well, Mr. God, I'd rather not risk my life talking with the...you know...God of the dead and such." He paused and stared at me.

"How do you know the truth?" He shifted down to better look at my face.

"I've been in the military long enough to know when someone is lying to me. It's not hard even with Gods to see a shift in their face or eyes. Everyone has a tell human and non-human alike." I sit back and search his face. "How long you been a part of this pack?"

He shifted again, looking uncomfortable. "I arrived the day you were born." I sat back and stared at him. He wasn't telling me something.

"You aren't telling the full truth." He sighed and chuckled.

"Smart girl." His smile seemed almost evil in a way. "Would you like to know the whole truth?" I nodded and glared at him. He chuckled once more.

"I came...for you."