Chapter Twenty-eight

Comenzar desde el principio

Khairi was then led with four other girls, their heads all covered with wrappers, to go and sit while women danced and yodelled

Umma sat together with Mama, the bambado (cooperate beggars that bombard your wedding and make themselves the MC 😂😂, they make the occasion lively sha cos without them, budan kai is not fun) ran to Umma, squatted and took instructions, then collected her gifts and stood up to do his announcement, starting with praises.
"Ranki shi dade Hajia Zahra, Sarauniya, yar Sarki, jikan Sarki, mata a gidan Sarki, Uwa kuma ga Sarki, giwar mata, uwar gida sarautar mata, an buga dake an kasa. Ta bude kan Amarya da babbar gujerar hajji, fararen dawakai shida, akwatuna shida cike da turamen zannuwa da tsarkar zinari, sai Qurani, Sallaya, charbi da hijabi.
* Her Majesty Hajia Zahra, granddaughter of a King, daughter of a King, wife of a King, and yet again, mother of a King, leader of women... She's unveiling the bride with a Hajj seat, six white horses, six boxes filled with clothes and gold jewelries, a Quran, prayer mat, rosary beads and hijab.*" he said all these raising the things for people to see, after he was done he dropped the things before the girls.

Women cheered and yodelled. He ran again to Mama to collect her gifts.
"Hajia Mabrooka, Jakadiyar fadar Mai Martaba, yar gidan mallamai, uwar gida a gidan Sarkin pawa, uwa ga Sarki Sultan. Babbar mace ikon Allah. Ta bude kan Amarya da akwatuna uku cike makil da kayan aalato, akwatuna uku cike da alkyabba, lappaya da kayan mu na gargajiya kayan Fulani, akwatin yan kunne kasko da turaren wuta, nan kuma ga Alqurani mai girma tare da wasu littafan musulunci kaman su Muwatta Malik, Bulugh Al-maram da Hisnul Muslim.
*Hajia Mabrooka, the Jakadiya of Pawa Emirate, leader of all female title holders, the woman that knows all the in and out of the Palace, daughter of clerics, wife of a great hunter, mother of a king... She unveiled the bride with three boxes filled with goodies, three boxes filled with alkyabba and traditional attires, a box of jeweleries then the Holy Quran, Islamic books such as Muwatta Malik, Bulugh Al-maram and Hisnul Muslim.*"
people cheered and yodelled once again as other women came forward to present their gifts until it was time for the bride to finally be unveiled.

"Ina kanwar ango take, tazo ta bude kan amarya *where's the groom's younger sister, let her come forward and unveil the bride*" the bambado asked.  Everywhere was silent, Khalil noticed my tension and whispered to me to calm down.

Few moments later, Batuul emerged from her Chamber with Maryam and three maids behind her, each carrying a box. She was elegantly dressed as always, just that today, she looked breathtaking. She walked with an air of authority, her head held high, she didn't spare us a glance as she walked pass us to her destination, where the bambado started raining her with praises.

"Takawarki lafiya yar Sarki jikan Sarki, gimbiyar mata, sarauniyar kyau, dogowar mace shugabar mata, kyakkyawar mace mai wushirya, gimbiya mai siffan larabawa. Maza in sun ganki dole su kyasa, koh ba'a sanki ba sai an tambaya koh wacece..."