Chapter 1

It  was  a  dark  and  stormy  sun-down,  cold  in  the  bitter  snow-season.  Snowy  was  accustomed  to  this,  she's  been  through  many  sunsets  of  this  weather.  It's  been  sunrises  since  she's  seen  the  bright,  glorious  sun.  Snowy  was  warm  and  dry,  though.  She  was  one  of  the  many  cats  in  her  town  to  be  a  house  cat.  Her  owners  were  nice,  they  would  take  care  of  her.  Their  cubs,  two  smaller  housefolk  who  look  like  her  owners  combined,  would  always  play  with  her  anytime  they  were  at  home.  They  always  left  during  the  day  for  a  long  period  of  time,  but  would  always  be  back  before  sundown.  But  now,  even  though  she  was  a  master  at  tracking  time,  she  couldn't  even  see  the  sun,  the  one  thing  that  let  her  know  what  time  it  was.  She's  seen  sun-season  and  leaf-season,  the  seasons  where  the  sun  shone  brightly  and  the  leaves  started  to  fall,  but  she's  never  seen  this  season.  She  named  the  season,  snow-season.
    She  watched  as  snow  whizzed  by  the  see-through  object,  which  her  mom  tells  her  is  named,  "window".  Apparently  Snowy  still  had  a  lot  to  learn.  She's  always  thought  that  there  was  nothing  there,  and  the  big-striped  creatures  with  a  mask  around  their  eyes  were  just  crazy,  and  marking  their  territory.  It  turns  out  that  they  were  just  being  prevented  from  entering  the  house.  Snowy's  never  tried  to  escape  the  house,  she  had  no  need.  Why  would  she  need  to  go  out  in  the  sun-season  when  it  was  nice  and  cool  in  here,  while  in  this  season  go  out  into  the  blistering-cold  when  it  was  nice  and  warm  in  here? 
Snowy's  attention  snapped  back  to  the  window  when  she  saw  a  bush  outside  shake.  She  leaned  forward,  ears  perked  towards  the  window  that  protected  her  from  the  outside  weather.  She  gasped  as  she  saw  a  gigantic  creature  jumped  out  of  the  bush.  Was  this  the  monster  her  mother  had  always  described  to  her?  The  creature  had  foam  bubbling  at  its  lips,  and  was  snarling  for  some  reason.  It  seemed  to  have  pointed  ears  and  a  long  muzzle.  The  snow  was  blocking  her  view  of  this  mysterious  animal,  so  she  padded  closer  to  the  window.  The  animal  looked  like  what  her  mother's  stories  had  told  her.  It  was  a  dog.  She  put  her  face  against  the  cold  window,  when  all  of  a  sudden,  the  creature  spotted  her.
  She  could  faintly  hear  barking  as  it  ran  towards  the  glass.  She  backed  up,  and  watched  as  the  dog  ran  face-first  into  the  glass.  She  laughed,  mrrow!  She  watched  as  the  dog  used  its  hind-legs  to  push  off  the  ground  and  paw  at  the  window.  It  was  barking  like  crazy.  Wow,  she  thought,  Dogs  must  be  dumber  than  I  thought!  Eventually,  it  backed  off,  still  snarling,  and  darted  back  into  the  cover  of  its  bush.  She  watched  as  it  vanished  into  the  green  of  the  forest  behind  it,  and  witnessed  the  blizzard  get  worse.  She  tilted  her  head,  and  wondered,  This  is  what  I  was  named  after?  Snow?  If  it  weren't  for  this  snow,  I  could...  She  thought,  What  could  I  do?  There  is  nothing  to  do,  other  than  just  wait  for  food  and  be  played  with  and  cared  for...  She  went  to  bed  with  a  head  full  of  thoughts.
When  she  woke  up  next  morning,  the  snow  storm  had  finally  came  to  a  stop.  She  got  up  and  stretched,  being  careful  not  to  wake  up  her  mother.  She  padded  out  of  her  bed  and  to  the  glass.  She  looked  outside  to  see  the  snow  glistening  in  the  pale  sunlight,  which  was  only  partially  visible  in  the  blanket  of  light  clouds  in  the  sky.  She  put  a  paw  to  the  glass,  wanting  to  investigate  the  snow  and  see  why  snow  must  be  so  special  to  her  mother.  She  looked  around,  but  none  of  her  housefolk  were  awake.  She  mewed  eagerly,  wanting  to  get  outside  before  the  snow  melts.  Nothing  stirred  in  the  house,  other  than  her  mother,  Smokey,  who  was  now  awake.  She  observed  her  mother  as  she  got  up  and  stretched,  her  pink  tongue  curling  in  a  yawn.  Smokey  hopped  out  of  her  bed  and  walked  towards  Snowy.  Smokey  simply  licked  her  daughter's  head,  and  walked  to  the  food  bowl.
"Mom,  I  want  to  go  outside."  Snowy  told  her  mother.  Smokey  had  stopped  lapping  up  the  pellets  of  food  and  started  to  drink  water  from  the  water  bowl.  Snowy  called  for  her  mother  again,  but  her  mother  didn't  budge  from  her  spot  where  she  was,  as  if  ignoring  her.  Snowy  grunted  and  walked  over  to  Smokey. 
"Mom!"  She  said.
"Yes,  Snowy?"  Smokey  replied,  licking  off  water  from  her  whiskers.
"Can  I  go  outside?"  Snowy  asked  her.  Smokey  simply  shrugged.
"If  you  could  get  outside,  sure.  Just  as  long  as  you  don't  go  past  the  fence,"  Smokey  responded,  simply  padding  to  the  soft  place  where  housefolks  sit,  a  couch  as  her  mom  told  her,  to  watch  from  the  moving-box.  Snowy  looked  around  the  house  for  a way  out.  There  were  windows,  but  they  were  all  closed.  There  were  doors,  but  they  were  all  shut  and,  unlike  other  doors,  were  impossible  to  open.  She  decided  to  do  what  she  would  normally  do  when  she  needed  something.
    "Owners!!!"  She  meowed  loudly.  There  was  no  response.  She  growled. "Come  and serve  me,  peasants!"  She  stood  there  for  a  few  heartbeats,  waiting  for  one  of  her  housefolk  to  come  out  to  open  the  door.  Maybe  she  wasn't  allowed  to  go  outside?  She  was  only  nine  moons  old,  one  moon  through  what  her  mother  called  flower-season,  and  the  rest  through the hot  sun-season  and  cold  leaf-season.  Now  she  was  just  waiting  to  go  outside  into  the  bitter  cold.  She's  never  been  outside,  so  maybe  she  should  just  wait  until  flower-season?  No,  all  of  the  snow  would  be  gone  by  then.  I  want  to  explore  it!  She  thought  to  herself.  The  sun  had  barely  come  out,  and  it  was  starting  to  get  blocked  again  by  the  cotton-like  clouds.  Snowy  hissed  knowing  that  it  was  extremely  likely  to  start  snowing  again.  It  was  rare  to  see  sun  these  days.  She  pawed  at  the  door  and  hissed  for  them  to  come  out.  There  was  still  no  response.  Maybe  they  died?  She  looked  up  at  the  door  handle  and  got  ready  to  pounce,  when  she  heard  a  voice  behind  her.
    "I  wouldn't  do  that  if  I  were  you." The  voice  said.  She  turn  around  to  see  Leaf,  her  lazy  litter-mate.  He  was  large  and  orange,  with  brown  spots  on  his  back. 
    "What  do  you  want?"  Snowy  hissed  at  Leaf.  Leaf  slowly  jumped  up  the  stairs.
    "I  want  to  let  you  know,  that  last  time  I  did  that, I  got  in trouble."  Leaf  said,  licking  a paw.
    "The  only  reason  you'd  get  in  trouble  for  jumping  up  and  opening  this  door  is  because  you'd  make  a  hole  underneath  you  when  you  landed."  Snowy hissed  at  him.  Leaf  flicked an ear,  stopped  grooming  himself  and  looked  up.
    "Did you just insult my weight?"  Leaf  growled  at  Snowy.  "I'll  have  you  know  that  I  am  mostly  muscle."  He was lying.  He  would  always  steal  Flowers  food  when  the  housefolk  weren't  looking.  Because  of  this,  Flower  had  become  skinny,  but  also  swift  and sneaky.  Snowy glared  at  Leaf,  who was  acting  aloof.
    "Now  next  time  you  insult  me,  you're  gonna  get  a  beating."  Leaf  said, strutting  off  with  his  head  held  high.  Snowy  hated  to  admit  it,  but  Leaf  would  easily  beat  her  in  a  fight.  He  had  been  through  all  four  seasons  twice,  and  would  be  able  to  just  sit  on  Snowy  to  beat  her.  Snowy's  mom  tells  her  that  Leaf  used  to  be  leaner,  and  stronger.  But  since  he  beat  Flower  over  a  fight,  Flower  practically  allows  him  to  eat  her  fill  of  food.  Smokey  never  tells  her  what  the  fight  was  about,  but  she  doesn't  really  care,  plus  she  could always  just  ask  Sun.  Sun  was  her  older  brother,  who  was  also  born  with  Leaf  and  Flower.  There  was  a  previous  cat,  Frost,  but  he  went  missing  in  the  forest.  Smokey  assumes  he  was  murdered  by  the  feral  cats  in  the  forest,  like  her  first  mate.  She  never  got  to  met  him,  but  she  could  imagine  that  he  was  the  cat  the  prevented  Flower  and  Leaf  from  fighting.  Sun  helps  to  protect  Snowy  from  fighting  with  Leaf,  just  as  Frost  did  with  Flower  and  Leaf.  Sadly,  Sun  isn't  awake,  so  he  wasn't  able  to  protect  her  from  Leaf.
Sun  also  likes  to  inform  Snowy  about  things  in  the  past,  and  likes  to tell stories  about  cats,  like  the  orange  cat  named  Rusty  who  wandered  into the  forest  and  became  the  leader  of  one  of  the  clans  they  have.  And  how  another  brown  tabby cat  named  Princess  gave  up  one  of  her  kits  to  be  a  warrior,  or  how  the father of Rusty and Princess,  Jake,  met  the  leader  of  Windclan.
    Snowy  looked  back  at  the  door.  She  jumped  up  and  opened  it.  Her  owners  were  fast  asleep,  lying  down  on  the  soft  and  comfortable  "soft-square"  as  her  mother,  and  other  cats  with  owners  in  town,  calls  it.  She  jumped  onto  the  soft-square  and  squeezed  in  between  the  heads  of  her  owners.  She  licked  the  female  ones  head,  and  she  stirred.  Snowy  jumped  off the  soft-square  as  the  female  owner  got  out  and  stretched.  The  female  owner  murmured  something  to  her  mate,  and  he  got  up  as well.  Snowy  hid  underneath  the  bed,  waiting  for  them  to  exit  so  she  could  as well.  Snowy  had  decided  to  take  Leafs  advice  seriously.  She  saw  one  of  the  thin-pelts  the  Owner  was  wearing  plop  onto  the  ground,  and  the  male  one  picked  it  up  and  dropped  it  into  a  box. 
Then  she  heard  something  open  and  shut,  probably  the  "storing-box".  They  had  many  of  those,  in  the  pink  room  where  the  female  cub  slept,  in  the  black  room  where  the  male  one  slept,  in  the  room  where  the  cold-box  to  store  food  was,  and  of  course,  in  this  white  room.  One  of  the  sheets  from  the  soft  square  dropped  onto  the  ground,  and  blocked  her  view.  She  listened  to  their  movement,  and  waited  until  their  steps  slowly  faded  away.  She  pawed  at  the  sheet,  until  it  fell  onto  the  soft, beige rug floor.  She  padded  over  it  and  outside  the  room,  then  down  the  stairs,  and  in front  of  the  door.  She  waited  patiently  in front  of it,  and  when  her  housefolk  appeared,  she  looked  expectantly  at  them.  The  female  one  went  into  the  room  with  the  food,  and  the  male  one  kneeled  on  the  cool,  wooden  floor.  He  pet  Snowy  and  murmured  softly  to  her.  She  didn't  understand,  but  she  meowed  anyway.  That's  what  they usually  wanted  whenever  they  spoke  to  you.
She  heard  footprints  approaching  her,  and  she  looked  up  to  see  her  female  owner  holding  an  orange  rope-like  thing  with  a  bright,  yellow  bell  on  it.  Her  owner  wrapped  it  around  her  neck,  and  she  heard  a  click.  She  looked  down,  and  noticed  it  was  a  collar.  Everyone  in  her  family  wore  one,  other  than  Smokey.  Her  mother  never  goes  outside,  not  since  Frost...  disappeared.  Snowy  flinched  when  the  door  flew  open,  and  the  cubs  ran  in.  They  were  gone  during  the  night,  which  rarely  happened.  She  heard  Flower  approaching  behind  her  by  the  sound of a tinkling  bell that was on her collar.  She  turned  around  and  Flower  was  sitting  down,  her  light  yellow  fur  glistening  in  the  unnatural  light  from  the  house. 
"So,  you're  finally  going  outside?"  Flower  asked,  "Want  me  to  show  you  around?" 
"Sure,"  Snowy  accepted.  Flower  slightly  nodded  and  she  padded  outside.  Snowy  hesitantly  followed,  her  pads  not  used  to  the  stoney  texture  of  the  gray  floor.  Snowy  looked  up  at  the  dim  sunlit  clouds,  and  noticed  that  the  sun  had  been  covered  again.  Snowy  looked  back  down  and  saw  Flower  waiting  for  her.  Snowy  walked  over  to  her,  trying  to  not  get  hurt  by  the  small  bits  of  rubble,  and  Flower  twitched  her  whiskers  in  amusement.
"Try  to  keep  up,"  Flower  said,  before  walking  onto  the  green  grass  by  the  stone  path,  and  jumping  up  over  the  white  wooden  fence.  Snowy  leaped  onto  the  grass,  and  sighed  with  relief,  happy  to  get  off  of  the  rubble  and  onto  the  soft  grass.  It  felt  more  natural,  and  her  paws  would  sink  right  into  it.  It  felt  more  comfortable  than  the  weird  pelts  laid  across  the  ground  in  the  house,  but  not  as  good  as  the  couch.  The  couch  was  the  best  place  to  rest.  Snowy  jumped  off  of  the  cool  and  wet  grass,  onto  the  fence.  She  hissed  as  a  loose  piece  of  wood  dug  its  way  into  her  paw.  When  she  landed  on  the  other  side,  she  licked  her  paw.  She  then  gasped  and  looked  out  into  the  sight  her  sister  had  brought  her  to.  The  forest.  It  was  full  of  green,  white,  and  brown.  She  knew  that  her  house  was  close  to  the  forest,  due  to  being  able  to  see  it  out  of  the  back  window  that could  open  and  her  housefolk  could  exit,  but  she  didn't  expect  the  house  to  be  in  the  corner of town.  She  padded  down  to  the  unnatural  path  created  by  other  housefolk,  and  walked  onto  it.  She  could  see  tons  of  other  houses  down  the  road,  hers  was  just  at  the  edge.  She  looked  back  at  her  sister,  Flower,  who  was  staring  at  her.  Flower  flicked  her  ears  towards  the  forest. 
"In  there?"  Snowy asked,  surprised  she'd  want  to  go  in  there  after  Frost  disappeared.  Flower  nodded,  and  Snowy hesitantly  followed  her  when  Flower  walked  into  the  forest.  After  about  what  seemed  like  forever  of  walking,  Flower  stopped  and  her  tail  flicked  up,  signaling  Snowy  to  stop  and  wait.  Snowy  sat  down  and  looked  around,  taking  in  every  juicy  detail  of  the  forest,  the  green overgrowth,  the  soft  tweets  of  birds,  and  the  smells.  The  smells  of  small  animals  that  she  had  a desire  to  chase  after.  She  was  sitting  in  a  snowy  clearing,  the  snow  still  not  melted  due  to  the  sun  being  shielded  by  leafs  and clouds.    She  shivered  in  the  cold  snow-season  air,  shuffling  her  feet  nervously.  What  if  a  wild  cat  were  to  attack  them? 
Suddenly,  a  rustle  in  the  bushes  snapped  Snowy  back  into  reality,  and  she  tensed  up  and  let  out  a  growl.  Flower  flashed  Snowy  a  look  to  be  quiet  and  Snowy  stopped  growling,  but  didn't  relax.  Suddenly,  a  white  figure  walked  out  of  a  bush.  He  stared  at  Snowy  with  his  icy-blue  eyes,  and  twitched  his  ear  with  had  a  nick  in  it's  side.  His  tail  was  long  and  fluffy,  but  his  body  was  mostly  slim  and  skinny.  Snowy  could  actually  see  his  ribs.  Snowy  narrowed  her  eyes  at  the  strange  cat.
"Who  are  you?"  Snowy  asked,  hostile.  The  white  cat  looked  at  Flower,  then  back  at  Snowy.
"Ah,  so  this  must  be  Snowy."  The  strange  cat  said,  pointing  his  ears  towards  Snowy.  Snowy  winced  at  the  fact  he  knew  her  name.  She  could  see  he  has  been  in  battles  before,  a  long  scar  over  his  nose.  The  stranger  seemed  to  notice  her  discomfort,  for he tilted his head and asked,
"What's  wrong?" He  asked  her,  his  white  ear  twitching.
Snowy  hastily  looked  up  at  him  and  replied,  "How  do  you  know  my  name?"
The  stranger  laughed  and  responded  to  Snowy,  "Flower  has  told  me  a  lot  about  you."  Snowy  looked  at  Flower  who  just  simply  nodded  at  her.  Snowy  stared  at  Flower.
"How  do  you  know  this  cat?"  She  whispered  under  her  breath.  Flower  turned  to  the stranger.
"He's  my  brother,"  She calmly  responded.  Snowy  didn't  get  what  she  said  at  first,  then  she  did.  She  didn't  fully  understand,  but  she  understood  who  her  was.
"Wha- Frost?"  Snowy  asked  while  whispering.  Frost  sat  on  a  rock,  his  tail  curled  neatly  over  his  paws.
"Hey  Frost,  can  you  explain  to  Snowy  what  is  going  on  here?"  Flower  asked.  Frost  eyes  twinkled  with  amusement.
"Sure,"  He  cheerily  responded  before  standing  up  and  padding  down  to  where  snowy  stood.  He  sat  a  fox  length  away  from  Snowy  and  Flower,  who  were  right  next  to  each other.
"So,  when  I  was  younger  than  you,  I'd  say  I  saw  only  five  full moons,  I  wondered  into  the  forest,"  Frost  explained.  "I  came  across  some  wild  forest  cats,  clan  cats,  they  are  called,  and  they  took  me  in.  I was  so  hungry  that  when  they  took  me  I  was  fine  with  it;  not  like  I'd  have  enough  energy  to  run  all  the  way  back  to  the  house,  anyway.  So  they  placed  me  in  the  warmth  of  one  of  the  mothers,  "queens"  they  call  them,  and  gave  me  a  mouse.  It  was  small,  but  I  loved  it!  So  6  seasons  later,  here  I  am! A  warrior!" Snowy  stared  at  him  wide-eyed, but  Flower  nudged  him.
"You  didn't  tell  me  you  were  a  warrior!"  Flower  exclaimed,  "How  long  have  you  been one?"
"About  6  seasons.  I  was  just  waiting  to  tell  you.  Also  because..."  He  trailed  off  when  Flowers  eyes  were  filled  with  horror.
"Why  didn't  you  tell  me?!  You  could've  died  any  day,  and  you  probably  get  injured  on  a  regular  bases!  You  told  me  you  were  a  rogue,  but  I  should've  thought  otherwise  when  I  smelt  scents  all  too  familiar  to  the  scents  at  the  border  of  Willowclan!  Come  back  home  right  this  instant  so  we  can  tell  mother  what  you've  done!"  Flower  snapped  at  him.
"This  is  why  I  didn't  want  to  tell  you!"  Frost  shouted.  "You'd  just  ramble  on  about  how  I  shouldn't  be  a  warrior  and  how  everyday  would  be  a  pain,  and  now  here  you  are,  threatening  me  to  come  back  to  that  worthless  kitty-pet  place  that  you  call  home!  I  shouldn't  have  told  you  this."
"What!  Worthless?  Is  that  what  you  think  about  us,  Frost?"  Flower  pouted,  walking  right  up  to  Frost.
"It's  Frostbite  now.  It's  always  been."  He  said,  glaring  at  her. 
They  stood  there,  their  tails  and  ears  twitching  in  anger  and  regret,  their  eyes  pooled  with  emotions.  Then  Frostbite  snapped  around  and  ran  off  into  the  forest.
"Come  on,  Snowy.  Let's  go  home."  Flower  said,  before  stalking  off  back  the  route  they  entered  the  forest.  As  Snowy  was  walking  back  to  her  home  through  the  cold  forest,  she  took  one  longing  look  back  where  Frostbite  had  disappeared.

(ayyy, 3098 words! I need warriors for Willowclan, so tell me descriptions of your cat OC if you want to join!)