Chapter 45: Doubt

Depuis le début

Damn it, he had promised himself not to think about her again as he had made a huge mistake last night. Everyone close by had warned him and they all had been right, he hadn't been able to control himself. Normally he was quite good in keeping his head, as that was a necessary skill for being competitive in Formula 1. However Keira had screwed that all up, he had never felt this strong about a girl, not even Hanna. It made him feel like an idiot, because he had planned this all differently. Not that he had planned anything at all, because he still wasn't sure what he wanted. The only thing he knew was that he had a lot of explaining to do in the near future and he wasn't looking forward to it. Especially when deep down he knew that if he could redo last night, he would have probably done the same.

'What's wrong with you?' Britta asked while trying to keep her voice down, because there were a lot of journalists around.

'Nothing,' he answered with a blank face. He hadn't even noticed that people were staring at him.

'Please get it together for the interviews, or I'll get a lot of difficult questions,' it was clear that Britta was annoyed with him. 'Also don't swear this time, especially when talking to the British press,' she added warningly, but a small smile was visible on her lips.

'Understood,' he grinned and he sat up in his chair. Britta nodded appreciatively and he put on his brightest smile, ready for answering some questions.

After this he could finally go home and he was really looking forward to that. These race weekends were always crazy busy and he liked the peace and quiet of Switzerland. He was also looking forward to seeing Keira again, as he hadn't even been able to say goodbye today. Although he knew that probably wouldn't be very wise to see her again so soon, but he couldn't alter how he was feeling about her. The only thing that filled his mind was their kiss last night, which had turned from gentle to passionate very rapidly. It had been something he had wanted to do for a very long time and therefore he hadn't been able to contain himself. It had been better than he had imagined as she had been very keen herself to kiss him back, something he hadn't expected from her. She normally was very reserved and apprehensive, but last night had shown him another side of her. It had strengthened his feelings towards her even more as he had been massively turned on by her showing some initiative, it still did when he thought about it again. Damn it, this wasn't the right place for that.

'Focus!' Britta hissed in his ear and he almost yelled in surprise. Apparently he had ignored one of the questions and they were all looking at him with raised eyebrows.

'Sorry?' he asked sounding bewildered and he tried not to notice Britta's narrowed eyes. She gave him a small nudge to let him know who had asked him the question.

'Do you think you can still win the championship now you've won again?' asked the journalist while pushing his glasses back on his nose.

Not again, this was really becoming annoying. He plastered a smile on his face and took a deep breath. 'Yes, of course. It's no point coming here if I don't think I can win, I'm not here to make up the numbers. I'm now second in the standing again, so I'll just do my best to win all the remaining races like always and then we'll see,' he answered.

They all nodded appreciatively and some of them scribbled some things down. 'I've heard you've got a new performance engineer, does that have any influence at all? I mean hiring new personnel at the end of the season will bring at lot of changes,' the reporter from Autosport asked.

'I don't think it's that big of a deal when you have a good functioning work relationship and you can trust each other from the beginning. Look at the results from this weekend, I've won, so I think that answers your question?' he smiled contently, because all of what he had said he believed in.