Chapter 3

They had been driving for days. They had stopped a million times, for tons of stupid reasons.

Peeing, pooping, puking, sleeping and lots more of that stupid crap.

The boys had been taking turns driving, after Jex almost drove them into a tree, sleep-driving.

But, even though the boys TOTALLY didn't approve of the girls' million stops, even they fell to the temptations of a bathroom. Even a zombie-infested one would do.

They stopped at a little restaurant on the side of the road. It had a huge sign that had shining lights and stuff.

While the boys made a beeline for the bathroom, the girls had a long awaited breakfast.

The girls were sitting in two tables. One long table, where thirteen of them ate, and another smaller one where Michelle, Carla, Mauilyn, Samantha and Janna ate.

"Wow, I can't believe the food is still good after all the zombies." Michelle said.

"Yeah, we had to kill the chef and the waiters but the food was untouched!" Janna replied. They continued to chatter for a few more minutes until...

"Hey... I know that the woods are filled with zombies and all, so... Why don't we explore the restaurant?" suggested Mauilyn.

"What?! What if there's zombies?! We'll get eaten!" gasped Michelle.

"Yeah. It doesn't sound like it'd be a good idea, Maui." Samantha said.

Carla and Janna nodded in agreement.

"Well... OK." she said.

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-

After Mauilyn finished eating, she stood up and took her plate to the kitchen.

"Hey, Maui, where are you going?" Samantha asked.

"Oh, nowhere, really. Just getting more chicken." she replied.

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-

Mauilyn totally didn't know what she was thinking. She just went into the back of the kitchen where she found some stairs leading to a dark basement. And now, she lost herself in the basement.

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-

"Maui? Maui?" They called out. They had been searching for her for a while now. They looked everywhere except for outside.

The four of her closest friends gulped down their fears and went outside.

Bringing knives and rolling pins from the kitchen, they ventured forth.

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-

Mauilyn had lost all hope the second the light disappeared and she lost her way. She had a huge problem that seriously didn't help with her current situation.

She was afraid of the dark.

She didn't hear any zombie sounds so she assumed there weren't any. But still, there was the darkness.

She had no choice left.

"MICHELLE! JANNA! CARLA! SAMANTHA!" She cried out.

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-

"You hear something?" asked Marsha. The other girls just shrugged and chattered on.

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-

"You guys hear something?" asked Maurice. The other boys just went on with their 'business' in the bathroom.

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-