Chapter 20

--- 2 months later --

The sound of a motorbike sounds outside. I make everyone stay with Bella as I skip down the stairs. Jacob is parking his pile in the gravel drive.

"It's true; they're back early?" He growls.

He pushes past me and he storms upstairs. I hear yelling and I flash upstairs. He is in Edwards face.

I jerk him and throw him across the room. "Stay off my family, Jacob."

Bella is barely standing and o cuss both the males. I help Bella sit back down.

"You two idiots, Bella is far too weak for yalls bickering!" I yell, power in my voice.

They shut up on shock of the power in my tone. I smile at Bella before noticed everyone's dark eyes. They has hunted because we are now the enemy. Sam and the pack are after Bella. They want to kill her before her baby is born.

---  the next day---

"You cold?" Edward asks a weak, timid Bella.

She nods.

"I got it." Jacob mutters before scooting close to Bella.

Bella smiles widely.

"Don't do that." He mumbles.

"Don't do what?" Bella asks weakly.

"Don't smile like I'm you're most favorite person in the world." He replies.

Bella grips her stomach and whimpers as the baby breaks another rip. I push a trash can under her and I sit back with Jasper on the chair. We are tiny and can fit in one chair.

"You're right." Edward says suddenly towards Jacob. "Jacob had an idea."

"It wasn't an idea." Jacob scoffs. "It was a snide comment."

"What did you think?" I ask.

"That maybe it's looking for something to sink its teeth into." Jacob says.

I tense as Bella says, "he's hungry."

"Only one way to test the theory." Carlisle speaks as he puts human blood into a white cup with a lid and straw

"You're going to make her drink that?" Jacob asks, his voice full of disgust.

"Let's take a walk." Emmett grabs my hand and we leave.

I keep my nose covered until we reach the edge of the trees. Jasper and Alice join us. RosalieX Esme, and Carlisle stay inside because they can control their thirst better than us four can.

I hear Bella's pulse strengthen and that lures me back inside. She has blood on her mouth and I can't help but stare at the cup.

"Bella, would you be angry if we let Janelle have one bag of human blood?" Carlisle asks.

"Only if she drinks with me."  Bella smirks.

Carlisle puts mine in a wine glass and I take my seat beside Bella, throwing Jacob to the floor.

"Bottoms up, Bella." I smirk.

I hold my glass up and the warm substance burns my throats. I drink it half way before taking it from my lips. Jasper has a smile on his face as I wipe the blood from my upper lip.

"This is delicious." I smile before finishing the rest of the glass. "Much tastier than animals. But, i would rather drink from an animal before I kill an innocent human."

"Want another glass?" Carlisle asks. "It will help you control  yourself better. It's Bella's blood I'm giving you. So you can be around her when she has the child." 

I'm drinking Bella's blood? "Sure, another glass will be good."

"How does her blood taste?" Edward asks.

I take a sip and my eyes lift up. "The best I've ever tasted."

I turn the glass up and I finish every drop. Carlisle washes the glass and Emmett takes me to hunt animals to maintain my diet. Carlisle is allowing me to eat some human blood with my animal diet.

"Lets head back; before the wolves find us."

Too late. Paul chases me one way, and Jared chases Emmett the other. Paul traps me to the ground and he sees the ring on my finger. He growls in my face before I kick him off.

"Paul Anthony Lahote, I know you better than this. This isn't the living man who gave me my ring back at my best friend and brothers wedding." I say softly.

I love you so much, Janelle Whitlock. I'm sorry for attacking you....

I smile sadly. "It's okay."
Finish your hunt. I won't let the others hurt you, I can't promise anything about the others. But I won't let you get hurt.

I finish my hunt before returning home. Emmett is sitting on the steps, waiting for me. We go inside and I sit at the bar, while Bella drinks more human blood. Carlisle was right; drinking that human blood is helping my self control around the blood Bella is drinking to keep Alice until delivery.

Carlisle and Esme leave with Emmett for a hunt, I hope they are careful. Rosalie helps Bella in a bath as I go to my room. After the bath, I help Bella climb into my bed. I cover her up and I kiss her hair. Bella is just like a child I have always wanted. She soon drifts off to sleep.

I sit at my desk; I worry about Carlisle, Esme, and Emmett for the rest of the night.