Chapter 2

Knocking on the door is what wakes me. I peep in Chanel's room, I sigh when I realize she is still asleep. I open the door and Paul stands on my porch, his hands stuffed in his pockets.

"Paul? What are you doing here?" I ask as I let him in.

"I want to hang with you and Chanel today." He says as I look him in the eyes, him seeming hypnotized.

"That sounds fine." I say with a sigh. "Let me get dressed, then I'll get Chanel up and dressed."

Paul nods before I walk towards my bedroom. I put on a pretty dress and some sneaker heels. I brush my hair before walking across the house to Chanel's room. She is awake and smiling at me.

"Hey, Chanel." I greet her happily. "Good morning, sunshine."

I lift her up and I bring her to the toilet. She runs to the toilet and climbs up. She does her business before I hate her. I get her dressed and I meet Paul at my car, after locking my door behind me.

I fasten Chanel in while Paul fastens his seatbelt. I get into the drivers seat and I fasten my seatbelt. I let out a sigh before looking over at Paul.

"I have to buy a toddler bed, are you sure you wanna join?" I ask.

"Positive, sugar." He grins.

"I appreciate it." I say as I start the car. "Maybe you can get Jared to help set it up."

He nods. "I'm sure he will."

I pull up to the furniture store and I ran Chanel. Paul walks in before us and we find the toddler section. Paul picks one with the Frozen characters on it and I pay.

"Mind if I drive to Sam's?" He asks. "Sam is a good friend of mine and Jared's."

"Go ahead." I smile. "I have to start Chanel in first."

I place my beautiful girl into her car seat and I strap her in. I get in the passengers seat and fasten my seatbelt. Paul starts the vehicle up and he takes off toward the other end of La Push, where does this Sam guy live?

Paul soon pulls up to a nice cabin. I get Chanel out of her seat before Paul leads us inside. A little girl is sitting on the floor coloring.

Chanel wiggles out of my grip and plays with the girl

"That's Claire Young." Paul says softly. "Emily's niece."

"Hi, I'm Sam." A man says, shaking my hand. "This is my fiancée, Emily."

Emily has a soft scar across her jaw and chocolate eyes.

"Hi." I say softly. "I'm Janelle Milton. This is little Chanel."

Emily smiles at Chanel, who is playing with Claire. Claire hands Chanel a stuffed wolf and Chanel thanks her. Paul smiles as other guys walk in. Chanel's face brightens; I forgot to mention, she loves groups of people.