Chapter 26: Be Proud of Yourself

Start from the beginning

"So."

"Okay. Whatever."

The chat was lighthearted and fun. We liked to be calm and collected going into our games. Tobin and I always tried to keep the mood light and fun. If there were team awards, we'd definitely get the clowns of the team.

After breakfast we all split. I went out on a jog. After my jog I walked up to my room. I took a shower and changed into a pair of Nike sweats and a tank. I halfway dried my hair and I went to it's naturally wavy self. I'd have to straighten it before I left. I grabbed my laptop and turned on my Beats Pill. I hooked it up to my phone and turned on my World Cup playlist on Spotify. I then went to Nike.com. I wanted some new threads.

"Hey Li." Morgan said when she walked in.

"Hey." I said back.

"Whatcha doin?"

"Shopping."

"For?"

"Clothes."

"Okay, Miss. One Word Answers. I'll leave you alone." She said. She started to walk out of the room.

"Yo, I never said that." I yelled after her.

"Enlighten me."

"I was in the middle of something." I said.

"Whatever." She rolled her eyes and then plopped herself on my bed.

I was currently looking for stuff for my wedding. I'd be getting stuff from Nike anyday now.  Anything from decorations to food options. I had a lot of this stuff figured out, but I kept seeing things that I wanted to change. Ben and I had decided that we wouldn't have a buffet style dinner. We'd have people serve the food. We both knew it was going to be expensive but it's a one time, once in a lifetime, best day of our lives kinda event. I wanted 'Be Our Guest' to play. We decided on our cake and the general decorations. It was going to be a cute rustic beach wedding. I was so excited. We still needed the party favors. I had no idea what to do for them. This summer was going by so fast. I loved summer and it was already a month in. I couldn't wait to hoist the trophy though. I couldn't wait to see my future with this team. I couldn't wait for my wedding and the honeymoon. We had it narrowed down to three locations: Bora Bora, the Maldives, and the Bahamas. I had been to the Bahamas for the marine biology trip in high school. And Ben and I went to Bora Bora for a trip once. Ben had let me make the executive decision, so I chose the Maldives. I have been wanting to go there since I could remember. It's such a tropical and exotic location.

The game was at six. Ben said he was going to come over before I left. I'd assume that we were going to have lunch together. I had already scoped out the restaurant situation. We were going to Sabor. Morgan was in and out. She was a bit restless.

Around noon there was a knock at the door. I went to answer it. I opened the door revealing just the person I was waiting for. "Well hey." I said.

"Hey." Ben said and walked in.

"I'll changed and then we can go. I'm starving."

I switched outfits. I walked out in a pair of jeans, a OneCrown Apparel tshirt and my converse. "Where to ?" He asked.

"I was thinking this place called Sabor."

"Oh yeah. I know where it is. I passed it on my way."

We went there. It was a nice upscale restaurant. We got a seat by the window. I ordered a tomato & cheese panini with the soup of the day. Ben got gnocchi. After we ate we went on a drive around the city. Ben had his country, well mostly my song choices, playlist on. Before He Cheats by Carrie Underwood came on.