Chapter 20: We'll Bounce Back

May 30, 2015

"Wake up, it's game day." I said. This trip the rooms were all changed. Morgan and I roomed together this trip. I loved Morgan. She was the youngest of the team, but one of the most skilled. Morgan and I had grown close considering we were two of the youngest. I turned 22 in September of last year and Morgan just turned 22. I was younger than Julie though by 7 months. The three of us just clicked.

"Ughhhh...." She groaned.

"Chill. You joining us today?" I asked.

"I didn't know I was allowed."

"What do you mean?"

"I just thought it was a you and Julie thing. Like you always say, 'it's me and Julie's thing.'"

"Morgan, you are always welcome. I didn't know you wanted to join. You should have told me before today. What do you want?"

"What do you mean?"

"It's my day for coffee. Your choice."

"Oh, then just and iced coffee."

"Okay. Get ready and meet Julie. She'll take you there. I'm gonna get going soon. But don't rush."

I threw my hair in a messy bun. It was wet from the shower I took earlier. I had a pair of black Nike leggings and a light grey sweatshirt. I also had a pair of flip flops on. Then I grabbed my wallet and phone and walked out the door. It was going to be 80 today, but I always wore a sweatshirt. I ran down stairs and headed to City Beans Coffee Co. I called Julie on the way. I knew she wouldn't be leaving yet.

"Hey Moe is tagging along with us. She's been wanting to for a while and I feel bad I never asked."

"Yeah, me too."

"The usual?"

"Yes. Thanks. See you in a few."

"See ya. Morgan's meeting up with you so don't leave without her."

I walked in the shop and ordered our coffees. Then I headed to the park.

"Hey guys." I said when they walked up. Julie was a Red Stars shirt and sweats. Morgan wore an Adidas tshirt and leggings.

"Thanks for the coffee."

"Sure. But now, Moe, since you've joined the club coffee's on you next time."

"Deal."

"So, how is life?" I asked.

"How cliché is that?" Julie asked.

"Sorry y'all were too quiet. I had to ask something."

"Life's good." Morgan said.

"Thank you Morgan for you input. I appreciate it."

After about a half an hour we went back to the hotel. We went straight for the team room where breakfast was about to start. We took our seats and waited for the team.  We were Snapchatting each other back and forth. Once the team all came in we grabbed our breakfast.

"You talk to Reag recently?" Julie asked.

"No should I?" I asked. "If you want to know I'd ask Christen. The two talk like everyday."

"It's that true?" Kel asked across the room.

"Very." Christen replied.

We all laughed. Christen and Reagan had gotten really close over the past year. She might be coming today. I really didn't know. I hadn't talked to her a lot recently.