Chapter 8

When I awoke I found myself laying upon a metal bed, looking around i found myself behind bars. Sitting up slowly I took a better look at my surroundings. It was in a steal cage, the metal bars were rattling. I was jerked back suddenly and recognized the feeling of turbulence. Someone had taken me from the beach onto a plane. I approached the bars and wrapped my fingers around the cool steal, I knew I could break out, but who knew how high our altitude was.

"At least you are smart enough to not use your wicked voice here," turning my eyes I saw the Colonel, Farley's dad.

"Who put me in here?" I questioned coldly.

"We did of course," he chuckled. "Maybe you aren't that smart after all," his smirk was wicked. He enjoyed having control over me, he forgot if I wanted to I could escape and tear him to shreds.

"Where is Cal? Mare?" I hissed.

"You didn't have anything to do with that?" his eyes narrowed. "I figured your treacherous mind had something to do with their escape." 

They escaped? And left me? I didn't know why I was surprised, it's not like I was a friend to them. Mare saw me only as a weapon to recruit to her side. Cal despised me. Farley may have known me for a long time but she never forgot the true color of my blood, she never let her guard down with me. He let out a mocking laugh, I let my thoughts reach my eyes and he found my confusion amusing. In anger I slammed my body against the bars, throwing my arms in-between them and seizing the Colonel by the collar. Instantly two guards appeared at his side,  guns immediately aligning with my skull.

"Where are you taking me?" I was ready to scream the jet to pieces, I didn't care. I was not gonna start being treated like a puppet or a tool to be used.

He only smirked and shook himself from my grip, waving his hand he led the guards away.

"You'll find out soon enough yourself, Lady Scronan,"  He emphasized the the title, mocking me like he had since the beginning. I slammed my hands against the bars before making my way back to the crude cot. I wanted to scream. As much as I didn't care I still wanted to live, see my family restored and try to keep Mare and Cal from dying. The reminder that I had to choose a side sooner or later rattled around in my brain. Right by blood or what feels right. That's what I kept saying over and over again in my head. I had learned from a young age you can't trust anyone, and I was reminded that every day. So how could I make a choice.

My eyes shot open when I felt the aircraft touch down. I listened to the sound of the few Scarlet Guard soldiers' boots clang against the metal floor. Two appeared before my cell and opened the door. Now nothing could stop me from tearing them to shreds, not yet. They led be down the ramp and into the glaring sunlight. Once I regained my sight I glanced around the hollow skeleton of ruins of an old Silver home. No color gave me any hint towards what house had owned this land, also leaving me lost on our location. They led me towards a post in the middle of the ruins. Crumbling remains of white walls rose up around us, casting shadows making it feel like there were demons to witness my fate and drag me to hell. It was hard to notice at first, but soon my bare feet hit something hard and cold. Looking down white glistened through the moss and weeds. Once a glorious home left in shambles, if only I knew were we were so I could recall the tragedy that brought it down. They slammed me agsinst the post once we reached it and began to instantly bind me to it. I didn't notice it right away but soon I felt the strength leaving my body. Silent Stone. I was damned now, I had lost my chance.

Men stacked wood around me as a camera and some other equipment was brought forward. I watched the Colonel work away on the machines as more and more strength was sapped from my body.

"Time to make an example of you," I heard him mutter as he approached my side. "Prepare to interupt all their transmitions," the Colonel barked.

Just as one soldier gave the thumbs up I watched another man approach with a torch on my left, a man with gasoline on my right.

"We told you you could not snuff us out," the Colonel barked as the machines whirred to life, I could only assume they were broadcasting. "Here before you is your future queen. Enania Scronan. Bloodborne and Scream. Weak and helpless at our comand. Your king has only made things worse for you. Damning Reds to a crueler fate. So we send this message. We will not stop until the Silver's daily life is nothing but ash, and in case you doubt our resolution," he waved for the men on either side of me to appraoch. The one began to pour gasloine over the wood, over me, as the other awaited to spark the blaze anxciuosly. "A Silver. A princess. A queen. A symbol of the mistakes you have made," and with those words the torch was thrown on the pyre and it all went up in a blaze. I refused to scream. I wouldn't give the Colonel the satisfaction. I shunned the pain of the flames licking and biting at my skin to the back of my mind. The Silent Stone sapping my strength made it easier. I stared straight on into the camera as I burned. Who I was staring down I did not know. The Colonel, the Reds, the Silvers, Cal, Mare, Maven. Who knew. It was a stare of defiance, but in defiance of what? It was becoming harder and harder to repress my screams of agony as the flames tore at my body, but soon enough the pain became to much, and when I refused to scream my breath began to catch and my vision darken. As I faded away, away from the light, away from everything, the final words I heard enraged me. Made my blood boil.

"Rise, as Red as the dawn."