Chapter 8

Luke's Point of View 

I played some chords on my guitar, just messing around. I wish I was, I wish I was, beside you... I said to myself. I grabbed a piece of paper and wrote it down. I wish I was beside her. It's been 3 weeks since I've talked to her. She posted a picture with this guy from LA. I got suspicious about him, learning he was only a friend. She also posted a picture in Paris. It looked like she was having the time of her life. At book club, she told me about this book she read about France and how much she wanted to go. I was happy for her. Tomorrow was the first day back at school, and I was really excited to see her again. She came back two days ago, but I thought she'd be too jet lagged to hang out. I guess I'll just have to wait and see. 

***

I walked into school, saying hi to some classmates, and headed to my locker. I got some books, and looked into my phone at myself. I adjusted my hair and took a deep breath. Okay Luke, you got this, you can do this, I thought to myself. I was finally going to tell her that I like her. I heard the school doors open and dragged my attention to who stepped in. It was her and Harry. His arm was around her shoulder and they seemed close. Maybe they're just being friendly? I decided to approach her, I mean they are friends, right? 

"Hey Marina!" I said. 

"Lukey!" she said and jumped into my arms. Man I love this. I wish I could feel her arms around me all the time. 

"Hey Luke." Harry said. 

"Hi." I said. 

"So I'll see you later, okay?" Harry asked Marina. 

"Alright." she said. 

"Bye babe." he said to her and pecked her lips. What!? Are they together!? No, no, no, no, no. I was supposed to be with her. 

"Luke, you okay buddy?" she asked. 

"Um, what, uh, yeah, what?" I said. I guess I was so shocked that I was just staring at her. She giggled and playfully punched my arm. I seriously won't get over the tingles I get with her touch. 

"Are you and Harry together now or something?" I asked shyly. 

"Um, yeah I guess." she said smiling. 

"Um, how?" I asked. 

"When I came back, he invited me to walk with him to the park and he asked me to be with him." she said. I was shocked. With my luck, this would totally happen. The one time I decide to say how I feel, another guy takes her. 

"Um, well, congrats? I gotta go, I'll see you at lunch." I said and quickly walked off. I went into the restroom and locked myself in a stall. I opened my bag and grabbed the bright red rose. It was for her. I looked at it and sighed. I put my head in my hands and stayed like that for a while. I'm so stupid and shy, ugh. Why can't I be like Harry or the other guys and just be okay with telling her how I feel? I heard the bell ring and walked out of the stall. I threw away the rose and walked to class. 

***

Marina's Point of View 

"So you and Harry huh?" Ashton asked. 

"Yep!" I said with a smile. I'm happy with Harry, and I'm loving life right now. 

"I think it's cute." Michael says. The boys and I were currently at lunch, just talking about our time over break. From what everyone said, it sounded like they had a great time. 

"How was your break Luke?" I asked him, he seemed strangely quiet. 

"It was fine." he said and went back to staring at his phone. What's up with him? Is he okay? I don't know what this is, but I'll find out. We all went to our last period and sat together. The lesson went on and the bell rang, signaling the end of school. I went to my locker, when I saw Luke at his too. I walked up to him and tapped him on the shoulder. He looked over his shoulder and and turned around to face me. 

"Hey." he said stiffly. 

"Hi." I said. It was awkward, weird. 

"So, um, are you okay?" I asked. 

"Um, yeah, why?" he asked. 

"Oh, it just seems that you've been kind of, like, weird, lately." I said. 

"Oh, I've just, um," he tried to get his words out, "um, I'm just been busy with things and I'm just, yeah, um, I gotta go bye." he said and bolted off. For the second time today he has botled away from me. Maybe this is just a "boy stage" or something. The only thing I can do is ignore it I guess and go on, but I will find out someway. 

***

Calum's Point of View 

I was sitting at home doing some school work when my phone buzzed. It was Luke. 

"Hey man." I said into the phone. 

"Hey, can I come to yours today, please?" he asked. 

"Of course mate." I said. A few minutes later, I heard a knock at the door. I opened it to reveal a depressed looking Luke. 

"C'mon man." I said holding my arms out to him. He grasped on to me and engulfed me in a hug. I let him go and let him in the house. 

"So what's up man?" I said sitting on the couch. 

"Ugh." he sighs plotting on the couch next to me. 

"Is it about Marina?" I asked. He had his face in his hands and nodded in response to my question. 

"It's alright buddy." I said patting him on the back. 

"But Calum, I was going to ask her to be mines today! And my one shot, she's already taken, by Harry even! He always had a shot with her and I didn't even get a chance!" Luke shouted, "I even bought her a fucking rose!" I could see some tears developing. He was head over heels over Marina. I took him into my arms and let him cry into my shoulder. I think if one of my close friends that I liked a lot got a boyfriend the day I was going to ask, I would be devestated too. Eventually he stopped crying, so I went to get him some water and let him recover. Luke was one hell of a mess, I just hope he could be a mess that could be fixed.