Chapter 3

Days go by great. I think I'm starting to like it here in Sydney. I was currently in European History, when Mr. Bennett assigned a new project. 

"Okay class, I would like you guys to partner up with someone, and I would like your pair to give the class a report on the French Revolution." Mr. Bennett said. The bell then rang and he said to get your partner by tomorrow. 

"Hey Marina." Luke said. I turned around to face him and smiled. 

"Yes Luke?" 

"Um, I was wondering, um, if you wanted to be my partner for the report?" he asked. 

"I would love to. Wanna come over to my house on Friday?" I asked, "You can stay for dinner if you'd like as well." 

"I'd love that." he replied. 

***

Friday came by and Luke was coming over. He told me to meet him in front of the school, and we'd walk to my house. 

"Hey." he said and put his arm around me. 

"Hiya." I replied, "Oh yeah, I forgot, I have to pick up my brother from school and bring him home. Is that okay?" 

"Totally." he said. We walked to his primary school. I walked him and got him, whilst Luke waited outside. I walked him to where Luke was standing and Charlie got a puzzled look on his face. 

"Who's this?" he whispered into my ear as he pointed to Luke. 

"Charlie, this is Luke, my friend. Luke, this is my little brother Charlie." I said. Luke squatted down to Charlie's level and smiled. Charlie stuck out his hand for Luke to shake and Luke shook it. 

"Wow who taught you your manners?" Luke asked. Charlie pointed to me in reply to Luke. 

"Well let's head home." I said and us three started walking. 

"So, how was school?" I asked Charlie. 

"Good." he said. I knew what he was doing. He was like me when I was younger. It's just he's a little bit more sassier. 

"Is he shy?" Luke whispered in my ear.

"A bit." I said. The rest of the walk was a series of Luke trying to get Charlie to talk. It wasn't going very well. We finally got to my house and we went inside. All three of us sat in the living room, me and Luke working on our project on one side, and my brother working on his stuff on the other side of the table. Me and Luke worked for a while, when I had to order dinner. 

"Isn't your dad supposed to make dinner?" Luke asked.

"Oh yeah, but he's working late today, so I'm in charge until he gets home." I replied. 

"Oh." he said.

"Your welcomed to stay, if you'd like?" I said. 

"Sure, I'll stay." 

***

We worked until the food came, which was Chinese. After we ate, we kind of stopped working and started messing around. Charlie started to warm up to Luke, and I think he was starting to like him. I sent Charlie to take a shower, since it was getting a little late. 

"Does your dad always work late like this?" Luke asked. 

"Sometimes he has big cases, cause he's a lawyer, and he has to stay late to try and configure them." I replied.

"Oh." he said. 

"What do your parents do?" I asked.

"My mom's a school teacher, and my dad's an accountant."

"Interesting." I said, and he smiled. I told him I was going to do the dishes, and he offered to help me. I was going to wash the dish, and he would rinse them. While we were washing, he got a little bit of bubbles and blew them on me. I got some bubbles as well and blew them on him, and also splashing water on him. We started attacking each other, starting a war. He chased me around the kitchen with bubbles in his hand ready to blow on me, and I giggled and ran away. Soon, we ran out of bubbles, so our war ended. We laughed and washed the rest of the dishes. Charlie came out of the shower, so I went in while Luke watched Charlie. 

***

Luke's Point of View

Marina left me with Charlie, while she went to shower. It was a little awkward since Charlie didn't seem to like me that much, but I tried to get him to. 

"So Charlie, how long does Marina take to shower?" I asked.

"She takes really, really, really long showers." he said. 

"Well, how about we do something? What do you like to do?" I questioned.

"I like to read, play cards, play with legos, and I like Jenga. Me and Marina play Jenga all the time." 

"Do you wanna play me? I'm pretty good you know." I said. 

"Well, I'm the best, best, best, best player. Which means I am probably better than you!" he said. 

"Let's see then?" He went to his room to get the Jenga, and we both set it up. I let him go first. We played, picking our block precisely, and carefully place the block on the top. We got to the part in the game where if you make one wrong move, you're done for. 

"What are you gonna do Charlie? Looks like I'm gonna win!" I said. 

"Just wait Luke." he said focusing. He picked one, and the tower started to wobble. He slowly took it out and lightly placed it on top. 

"Yes!" he said as he put his arms up in victory. I rolled my eyes and he laughed. Finally. I looked at the tower and decided to go for the one that I thought would be okay to take away. I grabbed it and slid it out carefully, but lo and behold, it toppled over. Charlie started to do his victory dance and he laughed at me. 

"Look, I let you win." I said.

"No you didn't!" he said laughing at me. I heard giggling from behind me, so I turn around and see Marina. 

"Did you lose?" she asked me. I hung my head down in shame, and she laughed. 

"Luke! Can we watch a movie? Please?" Charlie asked. I looked at Marina and she nodded. Charlie went to a shelf with a bunch of DVDs, and picked out The Incredibles. He held it up to Marina, and she put it in. She went to the other room to get some blankets, while Charlie and I popped some popcorn. Once we all came back to the living room, Charlie sat on the floor with a couch cushion and a blanket, while me and Marina sat on the sofa. I put my arm around her and she cuddled to me. I put the blanket on both of us, and she started to movie. 

It was around 10:00pm that Charlie fell asleep. He wasn't even halfway through the movie! Marina fell asleep around the ending of the movie, so about 11:00pm. I looked down at her as I played with her light brown hair. She laid her head on my shoulder and her breathing steady. She was wearing gray sweatpants and a white v-neck t-shirt. She had her glasses on, so I slipped them off and put them on the table. Even in her sweatpants and glasses she looked beautiful. This girl has got me head over heels! I got my phone and texted my mom saying I was staying at hers, I hope she didn't mind. I really didn't want to leave her. I locked my phone, rested my head on hers, and closed my eyes. I want her to be mine was the thought I fell asleep on.