Chapter Seventeen

Chapter Seventeen

I open my eye to see bright lights shining down on me. I hear an annoying beeping sound. I feel this aching pain in my stomach. I a temp to sit up, as I remember the event that happened in the school, but I am pushed back down.

"Honey don't sit up just yet." I hear the voice of my mother say. I look over at her and see her in her work scrubs.

"Where am I?" I ask.

"The hospital, you were attacked at the high school last night." She says.

"What time is it?" I ask.

"It is around noon."

"When can I leave?" I ask her.

"In a few days. We need to make sure everything is going right with you."

"What happened to me?" I ask her.

"Well you lost a lot of blood after being cut that deeply multiple times, so we had to give you a blood transfusion, and we had to stitch you up." She says.

I wonder why I haven't healed.

"Can I have some water?" I ask eyeing the pitcher sitting on the table beside me.

"Sure." She says pouring me some. I gulp it down eagerly. ?

I look at my Mom as she pulls out a needle. "What is that?"

"It will help you sleep," She says putting it in the tube that goes in my arm. I slowly loose consciousness, falling back into the world of peaceful sleep.

---

The next time I wake up it is dark outside. I move the bed up and try to reach for one of the lamps, but I can't move far enough to reach it without hurting my stomach.

I fall back and sigh. The light flips on and I almost scream until I find out who it is.

"Derek?" I ask.

"Yeah," He says pulling a chair over to my bed.

"What are you doing here?" I whisper.

"I wanted to make sure you were somewhat okay." He says. He takes my hand in his.

"What time is it?"

"A little after eleven." He says.

"Can you pass me the TV remote?" I ask. He passes me the remote.

I turn the TV on and flip it to a random channel, and cut the volume up loud enough no on will hear Derek and I talking, but not loud enough that it will disturb anyone else in their rooms.

"How did you get in?" I ask.

"Well the window, because your brother made me into the most wanted fugitive in the state." He says.

"Sorry about that." I say. "He said it while I was passed out."

"It is fine. I'll find a way out of it." He says.

"Why haven't I healed yet?" I ask.

"It was from an Alpha so it will take a little while longer to heal." He says. There is a silence that is lingering in the air. "What did you do to make him hurt you like that?"

"Well we had to get the keys off of the janitor, who was dead, to get out of the school and he showed up made Scott and I shift and he just did it." I say.

"What did you feel from him?" He says more in detail.

"Well before he ripped my stomach apart he felt pissed with a hint of jealousy." I say thinking back.