Chapter 3 *REVISED 2020*

The Denied Mate: Chapter 3

I parked my car at the end of the driveway, staring at the pack house hesitantly. "What am I even doing here?" I muttered to myself, shaking my head and turning around. I took about two steps and stopped myself again. Do it, Cassia my mind said to me. I rolled my eyes at myself. Why do I have to do everything? I'm the one that gets denied! I'm the one who gets marked out of anger! He's your mate, my mind said again. I groaned, stomping my feet. I sighed, smacking myself in the forehead. I looked around discreetly, hoping no one was watching me during my internal debate.

As I looked around, I noticed there were no cars in the driveway. Weird. While the pack house only housed the Alpha and Beta, there's normally at least a couple people hanging out on the lawn or inside mingling. I slowly started walking up to the front door. I opened it slowly. "Hello?" I said to the seemingly empty house. My ears perked up to see if I could hear anything. Radio Silence. I texted Megan as I walked into the kitchen to grab some water.

'Where r u & Carter?'

I unscrewed the cap and took a big gulp and looked down at my phone as it beeped again.

'Dragged his butt to the mall with me LOL. R u good?'

I rolled my eyes looking at her text. That girl is always shopping I swear.

'Going to poke the bear. Wish me luck xx'

I paced the kitchen some more, trying to ignore my rapidly beating heart. Now or never. I slowly walked upstairs to the third floor where the bedrooms were. As I stepped onto the third floor, I was immediately hit with a Lucas's signature citrus and pine smell. My body relaxed slightly, and I walked closer to his door. Opening his door open slowly my mouth dropped and I almost gagged, smelling his room. It reeked of alcohol and of a grown body who had not showered in days. It looked like an absolute pig sty. Some natural light creeped in under his dark curtains and I sighed seeing bottles of whisky and vodka scattering the floor. I looked over to see Lucas sleeping on his stomach, his bare back exposed, his black comforter covering the rest of his body. One arm was off his bed, his hand hanging tightly onto a half drank bottle of Jack Daniels. His hair was long, and his facial hair was unkempt, looking like it hadn't been trimmed in days. I rolled my eyes. As I stood over his bed, I looked around his room, my eyes widening even more than before. It was a complete and utter wreck. His tv screen was cracked in half, books were fallen all over the floor from what looked like a broken bookshelf. He reads? Shaking my head, I saw cracked CDs and a dismembered stereo system along with a billion pictures in shreds. Laying in his bed was one wrinkled photo. I looked at is closer and saw a picture of a girl in a graduation gown and cap. Is that me? I looked down at him in disbelief, sighing. I was actually shocked he hadn't woken up yet.

"Lucas," I muttered as I nudged him slightly. He didn't move. I nudged him rougher. "Lucas, wake up." I said firmly. He opened his eyes slightly at me, widening slightly in what looked like shock and then closing them firmly again, his mouth in a tight line.

"Fuck off, Cassia" he muttered bringing the bottle up to his full lips before taking a swig and then turning his head. I felt my anger spike. Oh hell no.

"Yeah, I don't think so." I muttered. I climbed on his bed and threw open the curtains, allowing the cloudy, but bright natural light to come in. He groaned and threw a pillow over his head.

"What part of fuck off do you not understand?" He growled, not looking at me.

"Someone's a little touchy. That time of the month princess?" I snapped back at him. I opened the windows allowing the fresh summer air to come in and ripped his comforter off of him, exposing his full expansive back to me. My eyes drifted down to his boxer-clad butt and I bit my lip, blushing. Now that's a nice ass. Cassia stop it! Stay on track! He sprung up, anger burning in his eyes.