Now, all I need to do is work it out with my mom...

@alaskamay : vacay planning sesh + caffeine 

Tagged: @carlyyvalentine @stephlachancee

703 likes | 21 comments

@stephlachancee : ugh I can't wait for our girl's getaway

@marner_93 : @stephlachancee what about me?

@stephlachancee : @marner_93 I'll try to squeeze you in somewhere

@alaskamay : @stephlachancee squeeze him into where?

@carlyyvalentine : ^pls tell

@stephlachancee : get your heads out of the gutters people

@43kadri : why do you have to come??

@alaskamay : @43kadri you won't even know I'm there :)

@marner_93 : @alaskamay I know @austonmatthews wants you to come. Isn't that right Matts?

@austonmatthews : @marner_93 I'm actually more excited to be away from @bozie42

@alaskamay : @austonmatthews alrighty then

I get home around seven because Steph and Carly wanted to go shopping for new clothes for our trip. I got two new bathing suits because according to Steph, they were "totally hot and totally necessary."

I set my keys down on the table in the foyer as the smell of food passes by me. I head over to the kitchen in hopes of finding my mom. Luckily, when I reach the spotless room, I see her leaning over a cookbook. I rest my back against the pantry door before speaking.

"Hey, mom," I say, pulling her from the deteriorating recipes. She smiles warmly at me, leading me to believe she is in a good mood. Hopefully, that makes her more lenient.

"Hey, sweetie! What's up?" she asks, smile still evident on her tanned face. I always wish I got my mom's skin: clear and tan. Instead, I got my dad's light and oily skin. 

Here goes nothing.

"So you know how you told me I need to make more friends and such?" I ask her. She nods, her smile never faltering. I take a breath before spilling the rest of my thought.

"Well some of my friends are going to LA for the first few days of Winter break, and they invited me to go with them. Could I go? I know it's a little last minute and that LA is in a whole different country, so I completely understand if you don't want me to go, but I really do think that-" she cuts off my incessant rambling by holding up her index finger.

"Yes!" she says, confusing me. I furrow my brows and look at her with a bewildered expression.

"What?" I ask her. Was she saying yes to me going or yes it's last minute?