Chapter 25

Hazel's P.O.V.

"Are those tears I see, Mendes?" I ask playfully to Shawn.

"No, just the dust from the floor getting into my eyes." He says, turning away from me to clean them. I can't help but giggle a little.

We are in the now finished fort in the living room, watching the credits for The Notebook. I was holding the laptop, while Shawn had his arms around me. I must say, this feels really great.

"Whatever you say." I say, trying to choose what movie to watch next. I guess right now would be a nice time to ask Shawn what I wanted to ask him.

Shawn's P.O.V. 

 "Hey, Shawn?"

"Yeah?"

"Alexa showed me a couple of pictures on TMZ."

What did I do?

"Um, what did it show?" I ask, hopefully expecting it not to be bad news. Especially something that wouldn't ruin my reputation. Or could it be...

"That one time when I experienced paparazzi  for the first time."

Oh thank goodness it was the third option. I remember what I did to protect her from Hollywood drama.

"I remember. What do you want to know about it?" I say, while sitting up from laying down.

"Well, um, I just thought it seemed kind of weird that no reporters were coming up to me, like other famous couples. I know it's stupid for me asking, but I was just wondering." 

"No, its not stupid. I actually know why." I say with a comforting smile. "Really? Why?" Hazel asked with a surprised tone.

"Well, I might've, possibly, asked them to give you some privacy, in exchange for a private mini-concert." I say quickly.

"You did that for me?" She says with a smile forming on her lips.

"Yes, I did. I didn't want you to deal with everything. I would do anything to protect you." I say.

She leans in a she gives me a kiss. A rather long kiss, actually. 

She pulls back and hugs me. I wouldn't be anywhere else than right here in this moment. I don't want to leave tomorrow. Oh shoot, tomorrow.

"Haz?" I ask, still holding her. 

"Hm?" She mumbles.

"I have to leave tomorrow. Tomorrow morning."

I feel her stiffen, but she relaxes a bit. "Oh," is all she says. This is getting really hard for me. Not being to stay with her, not getting to visit her for late-night movie dates, everything that a normal 18-year old guy, dating a wonderful girlfriend would do. 

*Next morning: 5:09 am*

Hazel's P.O.V.

I slowly open my eyes, and I sigh. Shawn leaves in a couple of hours. I have school today too. I rub my neck, and my hand finds the necklace chain that Shawn gave me 2 days ago. I don't know how much longer we can take this. The long-distance thing. The last time we broke up, we only lasted for hours. Hours! I just love him too much. Love is complicated. 

I decide to do something a little special for Shawn, as a goodbye, before I go to school. By the time I will come home, he will have gone back to his tour. I let out another sigh, and get up from my bed.

I head into the kitchen, and get out the supplies I need for my small surprise. 

Before I knew it, I was done. I look at the time. 6:27 am. I've got time to make myself presentable today. I head in the shower, brush my teeth, blah, blah, blah. 

I put my black skinny jeans, crop top long sleeve, and white converse. I put my hair in a quick messy bun and grabbed my bag. 

Before I opened the front door to leave, I looked back to the shut door of the guest room. I had to say goodbye.

As I was walking towards the door, I was fighting back the small tears threatening to get out. I knocked the door softly, since I didn't want to wake Shawn up since he had a few hours left to go. 

I opened the door slowly, and I saw him sprawled out on the bed. His face turned to the side. It was quite a picture. In speaking of picture, I took one. I'm not a crazy person, I promise you.

I put my phone back into my back pocket of my jeans, and got closer to the bed. Shawn didn't make a single move. I mouthed, I love you sweetie, and gave him a quick kiss on his lips. 

He didn't stir at all. That is if you don't count the tiny smirk that arose his lips. I wonder if he's dreaming about me.

Anyways, I head out of his room and leave. 

Shawn's P.O.V.

I wake up with a jolt. I forgot all about the time. I reach out for my phone on the nightstand. 

9:00 am. I still got an hour left to go.

I get up and take a quick shower. I get out after a few minutes, and dress. I pack everything, which takes me only 20 minutes, and I take them out to the living room.

I drop them there and I head into the small kitchen. I see something on the kitchen island. I walk towards it. It's a full breakfast with a muffin on the side. There's a note.

Goodbye, lover. Hope you get back on tour safely. Call me when your all settled into your tour life ;). Enjoy your breakfast!

             Love, Haz <3

I smile at the note and I see that next to it was a tiny box. I opened it, and inside was a guitar pick with a hand-drawn heart. Guessing it was hers. I put it into my guitar case, and start eating. 

Little does she know, that she just made it harder for me to leave. The things she does to me.

Sorry for no update on Friday. Got busy again, but here you go! BTW, this book got more than 2K views! Thank you guys! <3 :D