Chapter 6

You know what, may be I am just over reacting. He didn't truly mean it, he just mixed up his words. I have always been so impatient and I jump to every worst conclusion possible. Just give him a chance when he gets back to the apartment. I open the door to see a girl, I presume the one from last night, standing in front of me. "Um, can I help you?" she says with a demeaning tone. "Not today" I push past her and she makes a disgusted face. I get back to my room, lock the door, turn on music, and do my makeup. I do the whole nine yards when it comes to makeup, but I do it in a more lighter and natural way. I always wear my hair straight because it just looks weird any way else. I hear a knock on my door and I say, "who is it?" No response. "Ugh, fine." I grunt while I get up to open the door. To my surprise, it's Sawyer. "Hey there Kat, long time no see!" I give him a big hug and tell him to come in. He sits on my bed while we catch up and I finish my makeup. "Hey, do you want to go out with me and explore Van Nuys?" I ask. "For sure, let me just change and I'll be down." He gets out of my room and closes the door. Almost immediately, I assume I hear Sawyer knock again. As I get up to the door I say, "Sawyer you don't always have to-- oh, Adym." Adym looks me in the eye and I can feel tension between us. "This is why I don't want you here. You take everything too literal and you don't understand me when you say you do. If you just listened you would understand!" Adym ruffles his hand through his hair and I feel my face turn red due to embarrassment. "I agree I do need to listen more, but please just calm down okay?" I say neutrally. Adym nods and sits on the bed and I join him. "It's not that I'm embarrassed by you literally, but I look at you as family. You've been there for me when no one else was. You're my kat, my best friend. I just wanted time away from people who were constantly in my life. I just needed a break from it all. I know I should have been straight up with you, but I didn't want to hurt you anymore. You've gone through so much this year and I felt as if I could lose you if I said no." Adyms explanation seems genuinely sincere and I look deep in those brown eyes. "Okay Adym, as adults we need to talk a bit more." I want to explain I don't see him necessarily as family, but in a romantic way. "Yes, I'd love to." As soon as I try to explain what I feel, both Sawyer and the girl from earlier barge in my room laughing. "May be later." I say annoyed. I turn and say, "Do you guys want to join us for an adventure around Van Nuys?" The girl does a fake high pitch scream thing which makes me fucking cringe. I can see it makes Adym do so as well. "It's like, a double date!" The girl exclaims. "Ummm, no, it's not. But you go ahead and keep telling yourself that." I giggle.

We make our way in my car and I start her up. Yes, her name is privilege, I name my cars. I turn the knob to a local rap/hip-hop station. My boys and I were jamming out while princess in the back said, "This music sucks! Put on some country music or something!" At that point we all burst out laughing and she makes that disgusted face again. "What is your name by the way?" I ask. "You really don't know?" She says. I pull over and turn around. "What do you mean by that?" She says, "We went to high school together, Rebecca Holstein? I can feel my face turn white. This is the same Rebecca who tried to frame me in high school. I look her dead in the eye, "I have forgiven you for what you did to me back then, but don't you dare think we are friends." Before Adym and Sawyer even have the chance to ask what happen, I turn the radio up louder than before and speed off.