23: Venipuncture

Game – Mating Ritual

*Vampire Diaries voice:* "PREVIOUSLY ON ESCAPING CHRISTIAN..."

Elena and Damon-

Wait shit no, wrong characters.

Chelsea had gone looking for Christian in Cuba after meeting up with Christian's Maker's in Brazil: Erinna (the witch) and Constance (one of the First Three vampire's). Joe (the werepanther), Callum, Katherine and Vlad (Dracula) had all come up with a plan with Erinna and Constance to stop The Steinsson's (the people after Chels and Christian.)

After reuniting with a night full of passion and unspoken love in Cuba, Chris found out about Chels' involvement with Erinna and Constance and grew suspicious of why she'd really found him in Cuba. (They have a plan guys, it's ok)

Oh, Vlad and Chris are old mates from back in the day so they had a lil bit of a fight.

Jannika (The daughter of the Steinsson's) found them in Cuba thanks to Chels' plan. And now...

____________________________

The first time I woke up, I couldn't move. My body felt like lead, my chest swallowed by water. I couldn't place where I was. The horse tranquiliser travelling through my system made me feel sick.

I'd twitch when my body would succumb to slumber and every time I did, the nerves in my neck would scream in protest. Although my vision was blurred, I could still hear. The rumble of the airplane beneath my body signified we were on the plane. Another sharp prick to the back of my neck and I was unconscious again.

Time passed and the rumble turned into a smooth vibrate. A clicking sounded a few times before the vehicle nudged into another direction. A car. The voices around me speaking in tongues I couldn't understand. My lids were heavy but as I opened them, the restrictions on my hands became apparent.

My body tensed and ached; who knows how long I hadn't moved – you know, despite clearly being thrown around by these animals. Slowly, my vision cleared and I locked eyes with an unfamiliar man sitting opposite me. He was armed and by his scent, I could tell he was human.

I was still too drugged up to make any move other than blink at him. The car sped up, before halting and parking. As soon as the armed man opened the car door, I knew we weren't in Cuba anymore. It was dusk here in Iceland. The sky was an array of reds and oranges as the sun set further along the horizon.

The cold air brushed against my cheek as he lifted and carried me toward the entrance of a mansion like house. All of the lights were on, subtlety clearly wasn't their thing. There were guards hovering around the gate behind us where we'd undoubtedly entered. It was a house to be admired. Old, however well kept.

I cricked my neck toward the other cars and tried to spot anyone, Christian or Vlad. But I saw no sign of them.

As I was carried through the large front doors, I tried to take in any possible exits for later. The man carrying me kept walking straight through the large living room, the impressive dining room, all the way to the back of the house into a parlour or library of some sort.

Very unceremoniously, he dropped me onto the couch and touched the barrel of his gun strapped to his waist.

"Rude but okay." I murmured croakily, wincing as I sat up.

"You may leave and she was right, it was rude." A deep voice with clear authority dismissed the man from the other side of the room. I narrowed my gaze at the silhouette by the bookcase, the only light a lamp on the desk by the door.