15: Jackass

-

Warm – SG Lewis

QUICK RECAP:        Chris and Chels did it, spent the day together. Kates pissed at Chris and noooww they're on their way to meet Nathaniel and Jackie in Dubai. Pretty much it. Also don't forget Dante handed Chels that card and made that deal (in chap 12)

Cool? cool.

________________________________________________

"Do you really have to go?"

Joe smiled tenderly before embracing me again. "It's safer this way. I still have my original passport don't I? The people after you could be tracing where I go so it'd be best if I go back home."

"I'll miss you." I sighed. "We didn't get to spend a lot of time together."

"I'll be in Canada in a week to help your friends." He said as he held me. "Stay in touch, Chelsea."

I watched as he said his goodbye's to everybody else and headed toward his terminal.

"Our flight is delayed by an hour," Cal chipped in as we settled into our terminal lounge. "There's a minor sandstorm but it should clear up soon."

I glanced over at a tired Katherine settling quietly on the opposite side of the lounge and decided on joining her. Christian gave me a faint smile before wandering off and Cal collapsed onto a two seater with a tired groan.

"Everything okay, Kate?"

"Peachy," She grumbled. "How about you?"

"I'm good." I smiled genuinely but frowned at her furrowed brows. I nudged her shoulder with mine before settling my head on hers. "Kind of glad we've gotten this far safely."

"Safe is the operative word here. Things could have gone a lot worse. Things could still get a lot worse."

My frown deepened. "What's wrong?"

"Nothing." She sighed. "I just worry sometimes."

I leaned back to watch her expression as I asked, "What happened with you and Christian earlier? You seemed annoyed."

Although she didn't meet my eye, whatever was bothering her, she wanted to tell me. After Kate and Christian spoke, she was quiet almost the entire journey to the airport. And so was Christian. It irritated me the way they were keeping whatever it was secret, that they thought they had to keep it secret. Especially with the night and day Christian and I shared.

"It's just... Micah." She said. "He's worried about me."

It didn't feel like that was what she wanted to say but for now, I played along. "How do you know? Did you have a vision?"

"Yeah, he's back in Canada. From what I've seen his exhibition went really well." Her smile was real now. "I can imagine he's going crazy seeing everything we've been up to."

"He's probably ripping his hair out, yeah." I chuckled trying to lighten this cloudy mood Katherine was under. "You'll see him soon."

"Yeah." She grumbled. "I'm going to get something to eat, want anything?"

"I'm good."

Kate disappeared quickly and I frowned. But just as soon as she went, Callum replaced her seat with a large yawn. "Thirsty?"

Glancing at him I shook my head. "No, not really. Are you?"

"Nah."

"Then why did you ask?"