Chapter Thirteen

"Holy shit balls, this is nice

"Holy shit balls, this is nice." Jon says, looking all around at Ryan's living room. "How much does this cost? I swear, it's probably like four times what our rent is."

I shrug and sit down on the couch. Jon sits on the opposite side.

"He asked me to move in with him." I tell Jon, making him give me a surprised look.

"And you said no right?" He asks.

"Not exactly."

Jon sighs and rubs his face.

"So you're leaving me alone in the apartment?" Jon sounds upset and disappointed, only making me feel terrible.

"Why don't you ask Spencer to move. You guys seem like you're getting pretty serious." 

"Yeah, but not serious enough to live together Brendon. We've barely known each other for three months. I'm not about to rush shit and ask him to move in with me only to ruin our relationship down the road and you shouldn't either. You guys are already having problems, aren't you? Isn't that why you were in your room sobbing over him for two weeks?"

"Things are different now." I try to explain to him, hoping he understands. "We just needed to talk and come to an understanding. Everything is fine now." 

"Okay Brendon." Jon scoffs and gets to his feet, heading to the door. "When he fucks up again, or you say the wrong thing to him, don't come crawling back to me with your problems. I've told you time and time again that it isn't worth getting worked up over. I know the kind of person he is and you should too considering you were damn near obsessed with the guy before he talked to you."

"Jon -"

"I'll see you later." Jon left and slammed the door behind him, and Bogart came running into the living room barking at the door.

Sure, Jon has a point. Maybe Ryan and I shouldn't move in together so quickly, but we love each other. Things are great between us and we haven't been fighting since we talked about it. I wish Jon would understand that instead of hating me.

"Come here boy." I say to Bogart, and he runs up to me, jumping and trying to get on my lap. He's still too small to jump up on the couch. I pick him up and he lies down in my lap and I pet his head. "No one understands, do they?" I say to Bogart, but mostly to myself. "Just be happy you're a dog and that you don't have to worry about things like this." 

-

I hear a camera and open my eyes to see Ryan standing in front of me, a DSLR camera in his hands.

"Sorry." He apologizes, moving the camera from in front of his face. "I didn't mean to wake you up."

"Taking pictures of me?" I yawn and stretch my arms over my head. Bogart shifts in my lap and Ryan sits down next to me.

"You guys looked cute sleeping." Ryan smiles and leans against me, putting his head on my shoulder.

"How long have you been home?"