"Sorry about that," Gracie says as she lowers the music in the background.

"It's fine."

"I just wanted to let you know I'm outside."

"Okay, I'll be right out." I grab my purse and head out, saying goodbye to Mia on my way out.

Gracie is parked in the parking lot and steps out of her car to meet me half way. "Holy shit, Alexa! You look smokin' hot," Gracie compliments me before pulling me in for a hug. 

"Thanks! This is completely out of my comfort zone, but I decided to try something different today."

"I'm glad you did. This look really suits you. If Nate could see you, he would eat his heart out," she tells me with a wink.

"You really think so?"

"Yes!" she tells me with a big grin before adding, "He'd be all over you in a second."

"Gracie!" I exclaim embarrassed as my cheeks betray me, turning a deep shade of red.

"What?! It's true."

"Well thank you. Now enough about Nate." The last thing I need is to think about Nate all day. If I do, I'm going to be a distracted mess at Gracie's get together. "How are you?"

"Excited! I can't wait for all of my bridesmaids to hang out and get to really know each other."

"I can't either." I really am looking forward to it. I'm just not looking forward to seeing Miranda one bit.

"Let's go!"

We climb into Gracie's car and the first thing she does is crank up the music. It leaves no room for conversation, but I don't mind. It gives me just enough time to relax before I have to see Miranda again. Just the thought of seeing her twists my gut the wrong way, but I will put up with her for Gracie's sake. After all, Miranda is her best friend, and I am just the girl that is dating her younger brother.

"We're here," I hear Gracie say half an hour later, breaking the silence.

I look up to see where we are and realize she brought us to a tea shop that is very chic. It's painted a beautiful coral color and is outlined with white trim. Beneath the windows, there are planters full of white rose bushes that give the shop a very girlish feel. The tea shop is super cute but it makes me feel very out of place with my black skirt and red crop top. Gracie is wearing a white floral maxi dress so she fits in perfectly. I, on the other hand, do not. If anything, I stick out like a sore thumb.

"Let's get going. Most of the girls should already be here," Gracie tells me. I take a deep breath and slowly exhale before climbing out of the car. "Come on! Let's go!" she exclaims excitedly as she leads the way inside the tea shop that is painted a beautiful mint color.

All the furniture is white and just like the outside, it's decorated with roses. The only difference is that the roses inside are a coral color instead of white. It's truly a sight to see, but not even the beautiful decorations could keep me from feeling the stare that is practically searing my flesh. I turn to my right and am not the least bit surprised when I see Miranda. She doesn't waste a second looking me up and down. Her lips curve into an amused expression that clearly says she thinks I look ridiculous, but I'm not going to let her get to me. Not today. I know that's what she wants and I won't let her have that satisfaction.

Miranda breaks eye contact with me and turns to the girl beside her to whisper something in her ear. Seconds later they both turn towards me and break into laughter. I try to maintain eye contact to show her I don't care what she says or does, but the more I watch them laugh, the more I'm reminded of my years in middle school and high school when people would point fingers and laugh at me only because I was bigger than the average girl. The last thing I want is to go back to being treated the way I was treated in the past, but I can't very well confront Miranda either because she's Gracie's best friend and I do not want to ask her to choose, so I do the only thing I can think of. I excuse myself to the restroom and am grateful when I find it empty so I can be alone with my thoughts even if it's only for a few minutes.