Chapter 53: Frozen

Start from the beginning

"You're right," I say. "There should be some sort of sex education class."

"I think I'll tell Madam Pomfrey that at my next appointment."

"You do that," I smile at her.

"So anyway, do you want to go do something?"

"Do something?" I ask.

"Yeah, it's Saturday night. And I'm bored. Let's go do something."

"Okay," I get up from the bed.

Lily and I go down to the common room and find Hugo in there, doing a crossword puzzle by himself at one of the tables. Everyone else is pretty much just hanging out or playing games. It's just that kind of night.

"Hey," Lily and I go right up to Hugo. "You have to come and have fun with us," she demands.

"Doing what?" he asks, but he puts his quill down anyway.

Lily shrugs. "We'll find something, come on." She continues on, toward the portrait hole. Hugo gets up and looks at me questioningly. I shrug too.

"Just go along with it." The two of us follow her down the corridor. There are people down almost every hall.

"Hey, doesn't Slytherin have practice tonight?" Lily asks.

I nod. "Yeah, their match is tomorrow."

"Why don't we go sneak in and watch?"

"Lily, it's freezing outside," Hugo protests.

Lily scoffs, "We'll be fine," she says, grabbing Hugo by the arm and dragging him along with her. I followed close behind as Lily walked out to the quidditch stands. Hugo was right, it was pretty cold. "Looks like they might be finishing up anyway."

He looked at me while holding his arms and shivering. He pulls his wand from inside his robes and says "Accio scarf."

Why didn't that cross my mind? Sometimes I feel so stupid for forgetting I can do magic. Dad tells me that I'm very much like mum in that way. I copy Hugo, Lily does the same.

We're sitting on the opposite side of where the Gryffindors usually sit to watch the matches. These stands are on the complete opposite side, and everything looks different from here.

I don't think any of the team has spotted us watching in on their practice yet. They seemed too focused. Al's saying something to them, but we're too far to hear him.

Scorpius is doing loops above the rest of the team, it seems that whatever Al is giving a lecture about, doesn't involve him. Once he gets close to our side, he finally sees us. It's probably not that difficult to spot three gingers sitting in a row, although it is getting dark out so I'll give them that.

"Hey!" Scorpius swoops down in front of us. "What are you all doing here?"

"Watching," Lily says.

"You mean spying?" He said with a smirk.

"Oh calm down," I say. "We're not the ones playing you Sunday. When is practice over anyway?"

"In a couple of minutes actually." He nods towards Al. "He's just giving a recap I guess."

"Shouldn't you be over there then?" Hugo wonders.

Scorpius shrugs. "I guess so." But he doesn't move. We look over to Al and the others again. The group has disbanded and they're all flying down, off the pitch. "Hey, look at that, we're done."

Scorpius lands on the row of seats right in front of us, hopping off of his broom.

"Whoa, where the hell did you get that?" I point at his broom, shocked that he's holding a Thunderbolt 2000, which only came out a few months ago. I had never seen it before in real life, but it looked amazing.