Chapter 8: Potions Class

Tonight was my date with Liam, and I was dreading it. I don't even remember why I said yes to him, it was out of stupid jealousy, but now I just wish I said no. I was moping over my bowl of cereal.

"Relax Rose, it will be fine." Laura assured me. "He's a hot bloke and all you have to do is like talk to him for an hour or two and that's it.

I shrugged. The way Laura described it, it didn't sound bad at all, but I kept thinking what if. What if he tries to kiss me? Do I kiss him back? I don't want to kiss him.

"She's right Rose." Said Jenny, who was sitting across from me with Al right beside her. "What's the worst thing that could happen?"

"What if he tries to kiss me?" I thought out loud.

"No." Al disrupted me. "Let's not talk about that now, okay?"

I smiled. Lately, Al and Jenny have been getting along very well and it was nice to see both of them so happy.

I saw Al look away from Jenny and behind me. "Oh god." He complained.

"What?" Laura asked. "Is it them again?"

We all knew what she was referring to. Ever since the Hogsmeade trip, Scorpius has been distant, and not just from me, but from all of us, even Al. He didn't even bother to sit at the Gryffindor table anymore. Now he stayed with the rest of the snakes and Claire attached to his hip.

I made the habit of sitting on the opposite side of the table than I usually did, so that my back was facing him and I couldn't see whatever was going on.

Al nodded. "Yeah, it's just...their snogging again."

"Well, they sure do know how to get people's attention." Laura pointed out.

"I don't think they're getting the attention they want though." Jenny said. "At least Scorpius isn't."

I looked up at her, not to see she was staring right at me. I suppose it was true. I refused to turn around and look at them, so if that's all that Scorpius was doing this for, to make me jealous, then I wouldn't let it. At least not in front of him.

Throughout my classes for the day,  I was barely paying attention, as my mind was elsewhere. That is, until it was time for Potions. I sat at my usual table with Al and Scorpius, though Claire was there today, I ignored both of them and sat next to Al.

"Alright class, can anyone guess what we're making today?" Professor Morgan asked us once everyone was there.

"Whatever it is, it reeks of like, a vanilla smell, or something." Al said.

Professor Morgan's face lit up. "Ah." She said. "That's because we're making the Amortentia Potion."

She seemed excited, but I sulked. We were making a love potion, out of all the other potions we could make?

The potion was very difficult to brew. It took many ingredients that I've never heard of before and weird ways to crush them. It was also heating up and I had to tie my hair back to get it off the back of my neck. Usually, I am great with potions, but this one was giving me trouble.

"Finished." Scorpius announced, while I was still sweating my arse of trying to brew the potion to a silvery colour, like Scorpius's was.