Chapter 7

A few weeks later I woke up just as safe and happy. Barry had his arm around my shoulders as I nuzzled into his chest. He must had been awake because once I moved he chuckled.

"Good morning," he said his voice still sounding sleepy.

I sighed rubbing my eyes, "It is a good morning," I agreed.

"I have to go to work soon," he answered.

"And now you ruined it," I groaned. Barry got up and I watched as he put his shirt back on.

"Shall I meet you at Star Labs?" He asked.

"I guess," I yawned wrapping the blankets around me tighter closing my eyes.

"Don't sleep for too much longer," he said leaning down onto the bed to kiss my forehead.

"Don't tell me what to do," I said muffled through the blankets as he left. I got up a few minutes later and took a quick shower before dressing in a green tank top, black jeans and a jean jacket. After finishing my makeup and putting my contacts in I stopped by Jitters to get coffee for everyone and then went on my way to Star Labs.

"Hello," I called walking into the cortex as Cisco, Caitlin and Harry turned towards me, "I brought coffee!"

"Yay!" Cisco smiled helping me hand the cups out.

"Where's Barry?" I asked holding his cup.

"He had to go to work, something about a murder at the docks last night," Caitlin answered and I nodded.

"I'll go drop this off with him then I'll be right back," I told them heading back to my car and drove to CCPD where I found Barry, Joe and Patty looking at some pictures.

"Hey, what are you doing here?" Barry asked walking over to me.

"Here," I handed him his coffee, "Thought you could use some."

"Thanks," he smiled, "I meant to ask earlier but what are you doing tonight?"

"Besides sitting at Star Labs bored out of my mind? Nothing much," I answered, "Why?"

"I was thinking we could go out to dinner for once," he offered.

"What? My apartment isn't good enough for you?" I laughed.

"I'll pick you up at Star Labs tonight at six and we can go for an actual dinner, not just pizza," he suggested.

"That sounds great," I nodded, "See you later."

"Love you, be safe," Barry called after me and I waved my hand so he knew I heard him.

After leaving CCPD I drove back to Star Labs since I don't go many other places and sat at the desk waiting for anything to happen. A burglary, kidnapping, anything but nothing happened. Caitlin was in her lab all day looking for ways to close the breaches with Harry and later Cisco left for a date with his new girlfriend Kendra. I waited for Barry as it got closer to six when he finally showed up.

"Hey, are you ready?" Barry asked sitting beside me.

"As ever, I'm so bored," I sighed, "Nothing happened today. Central City villians decided to take the day off today."

Barry laughed at my sarcasm, "Alright, let's go." But as he spoke his phone rang and he pulled it out as we stood up. "Cisco's distress button."

"Go," I sighed sitting back down knowing he could get there faster without me. In a flash, Barry and his suit were gone. A few minutes later he was back with Cisco and Kendra since I guess Cisco outed Barry's identity.