He froze in place, sitting behind Lance's left leg and looking up at the boy who he'd thought he'd known, now a total stranger.

"THE COPS ARE ON THEIR WAY BITCH." The broad man stated, stoic to the pistol only meters away.

"THEY'LL NEVER GET HERE IN TIME" Lance hissed.

"We'll see about that.." The man smiled cruelly, pulling a shotgun from behind him.

Keith choked, tears running down his face like a waterfall. He felt trapped and insignificant there, clutching his knees.

However, Keith was impulsive. It wasn't long until his instincts kicked in, and they had a strong power over him. They often got him into a lot of trouble, but hopefully- this wasn't one of those times.

Without a second thought, Keith ran up and tackled Lance, grabbing him back and throwing the gun to the side. The man's eyes widened at the sudden action.

Keith held Lance back, hand against his mouth, and Lance's hands locked behind his own back. "Let us go! We won't come back I promise! Just don't shoot!!!" Keith pleaded, voice steady despite the tears in his eyes.

"I don't think so..." The man glared, pulling the gun, slowing time down.

Keith thought about running- but his legs felt like cement, nailed down to the ground. The rest of his body seemed detached and far away. He was completely numb asides from his heart that screamed against his cold chest.

He flinched hard at the sound of the trigger, echoing out of the store into the muted streets of the city, all the way up to the sky, settling into the stars.

Keith flinched there for a good minute before the sound of Lance's laughter boomed against his hand. His eyes opened slowly, eyes widening in pure confusion. He finally let go of Lance, and looked at him for an answer, but Lance was too busy trying to seize his manic laughter. The man who was shooting at them only a moment before was also deeply in hysterics.

"LUIS! YOU WERE AMAZING!" Lance grinned loudly at the other man.

'Luis!? AS IN THE ASSHAT'S OLDER BROTHER?

"Hunk!" Lance spoke between laughs, "Buddy! Haha-Did you-ha- get-HAHA-that?!" Lance clutched his stomach in pain, as he laughed harder.

"You bet I did!" Hunk giggled through the intercom that Keith hadn't noticed.

"What. The. Fuck. Is. Going. On?" Keith spoke against gritted teeth.

"Keith, my man, you just got pranked. BIG TIME." Lance smiled happily at the paler boy, before immediately dropping when noticing the death glare on Keith's face.

"Keith? Buddy?"

Keith jerked towards Lance, running after him, Lance let out a loud, high pitched shriek, trying to run away from the enraged boy.

"LUIS!!! HUNK!!! HELP ME!!!" Lance ran around the store, throwing snacks at Keith in a failed attempt to slow him down.

"I told you pranking him would be a bad idea...But does anyone listen to Hunk? NO...." Hunk's voice trailed off in the intercom.

"I'm with Hunk on this one little bro. This was all you." Luis laughed.

"KEITH I'M SORRY!" Lance was jumping over aisles now, making a huge mess in an attempt to escape.

"YOU'RE GONNA BE SORRY ALL RIGHT!" Keith caught Lance's arm and flung him back, catching him by the neck of his shirt.

"I SWEAR I'LL DO ANYTHING JUST DON'T TOUCH MY FACE!!" Lance shrieked as the shorter boy pulled at his collar.