Chapter 2

13:60

"Hello... haven't I seen you before?" Asked the man. Sherlock frowned "yes" he replied "Just few minutes ago... when you asked me for a jammy dodger"

The man stood there thinking.

"Oh-h-h yes..." He said suddenly. "Hello I'm the doctor." He said as he held his hand out.

Sherlock shook the doctors hand before asking "The doctor?... Just the doctor?"

"Yes, just The doctor" he replied "Why does everyone have such a problem with it?" he muttered under his breath.

"And you are?..." He asked. "Sherlock... Sherlock Holmes" He replied in a dazed voice.

As he removed his hand he asked "How did you do that?"

"Do what? asked the doctor.

"Appear in front of me... twice... out of thin air?" He asked in an irritated voice.

"Oh-h-h yes... well you probably won't believe me. But... I'm falling through cracks in time and space"

He smiled meekly and said "Sorry about your test tube, thingy" Sherlock looked at the doctor, then at the mess on the floor. "It's fine..." He replied, not bothered by the mess, and more interested in what the doctor had just said.

What are you? a hologram, a hallucination" before Sherlock got the chance to list the rest of his ideas the doctor cut him off "Hm-m... How do I put this? I'm an alien from the planet Gallifrey, I'm a time lord, and I travel through time and space in my time machine... which I appear to have lost."

Sherlock stood there silently unable to comprehend what the doctor had just said. The doctor sighed loudly as if this was a regular occurrence. "But seriously who and what are you?" Asked Sherlock.

The doctor rolled his eyes and fished around in his pocket.

He pulled out a slim metal tube with a green tip. He pointed it at the microwave and pressed down. The tip of the metal tube glowed bright green and made a strange humming noise.

Suddenly the microwave let out a loud BOOM began to spark. "Now do you believe me?" Asked the doctor as he pocketed the metal tube.

Sherlock looked at the microwave  and then back at the doctor "what is that?" he asked amazed. "Some sort of sonic amplification device?" "sonic screw driver" corrected the doctor

"Sonic screwdriver?" said Sherlock. "Yes. S-c-r-e-w-d-r-i-v-e-r, you know a common tool used in things like D.I.Y and- "

"Yes, I know what a screwdriver is." said Sherlock in an exasperated tone. "So to save time let's say I do believe you, what now?" asked Sherlock.  "What's so important about you?" Began the doctor."I'm sorry what?"

"Well I keep seeing you when I finally stabilise, so why you?" He asked as if it was obvious "what is it that's so important about you?..."

"What do you do?" Asked The doctor. "What do I d-o?" Asked Sherlock. "Yes, what's your job?" "I'm a consulting detective" said Sherlock as he walked into the kitchen. The doctor followed him. "Is that a bag of fingers?" "yes" replied Sherlock as he walked over to the fridge.

He was just about to say something else to the doctor , but the doctor was no longer there.