Chapter 33: It Was Way Better*

Start from the beginning

"You know who she really is," the man said.

"I don't know who she is. All I know that she kicks butt in fighting," I stammered and the man let go of me.

"If I find that you are lying, you are dead meat," the man warned and walked off. To say that was weird was an understatement.

**

I was mentally battling with myself whether to take Max out on a date. I was thinking of doing a picnic at the waterfall and stargazing. It was an amazing place to get a good view of the stars.

"Ace, stop pacing! We can hear you from the kitchen!" Mom yelled from the kitchen.

"Sorry!" I yelled back and she entered into my room.

"What has gotten my son so nervous?" Mom asked leaning against the doorway.

"Nothing," I said and Mom scoffed.

"As if, I am your mother Ace. I think that I would know when something is bothering you. I know my kids, heck I even know Martin," Mom said.

"Fine, I want to take Max out on a date," I said and Mom's eyes lit with excitement.

"Are you guys dating now?" she asked with so much hope in her voice.

"Maybe," I muttered.

"Well I suggest that you do take out Max because you do not want to lose her to another guy," Mom said leaving the room and I sighed.

Me: Hey M, are you free tonight?

Max: I am, what's up?

Me: I want to take you on a date.

Max: Wow, I can't believe that I am being asked out by a text.

Me: Sorry, I did ask you out in person.

Max: You have a good point there.

Me: I will pick you up at 6. Dress warm and wear comfortable clothing, you'll thank me later.

Max: Sounds great. I am definitely not in the mood for heels.

Me: See you then M.

I sighed and got ready for the date. I packed a picnic dinner that consisted of different kinds of my mom's famous pasta, fruit, and chocolate chip cookies. It is not a romantic dinner that girls dream of, but I know Max isn't into the cheesy stuff. I put on a pair of jeans, a black shirt, and my leather jacket. I also put on my converse and grabbed my keys.

"Where are you going dressed like that?" Mom asked with her hands on her hips.

"To pick up Max," I said.

"Where are you going?" Mom asked.

"I am taking her on a picnic and stargazing," I said pointing to the basket in my hand.

"Oh thank god," My mom said putting her hand on her chest, "If you were going to a fancy restaurant, I would have made you change. Picnic then...what you are wearing is decent."

"Decent?" I asked.

"I am kidding, my son is the most handsome person in the world," Mom said holding my face.

"How about me?" Jayden said jumping onto the couch.

"Well my baby is the cutest boy in the world," Mom said. After a couple minutes, I drove to Max's house and knocked on the door. She opened the door and she started smiling at me.

"What are you smiling at?" I asked, "Me?"

"I am smiling at your smile," she said softly and she hugged me. She was wearing black ankle boots, jeans, a white shirt, and her leather jacket. I also saw that she had a white scarf around her.

"Isn't it weird that it is so cold today?" I asked and she laughed.

"Yep, trying to change the subject Swift?" she asked slyly.

"Not at all Evans," I said and she laughed. She climbed into my truck that I just got, and I drove her to the waterfall.

"So where are we going Swift?" she asked.

"Oh, so that's my nickname now?" I asked and she laughed.

"Sure, I thought that you were calling me M," she said.

"Well I will try to think of a better one," I said. When we got there I grabbed the picnic basket and her hand and walked over to the waterfall.

"Wow, the view never ceases to impress me," she let out, "And it's even better at night."

"That's why I wanted to take you here, especially for dinner," I said holding up the picnic basket. We laid out the blanket and took out all the food. We started eating and talking about each other.

"This is nice Ace, I am not those girls that like the fancy dinner type of stuff," she said and I put a piece of her hair behind her ear. She softened to my touch and took a breath.

"Well I wanted to make you happy," I murmured.

"You definitely did Ace, I mean how did you know that these were all my favorite foods?" she asked clearly impressed.

"Well I did seek Alex for some help," I said, "And I know you Max. Your eyes tell everything about you." Max blushed and smiled to herself. She looked so cute when she blushed; the way her cheeks were rosy and her eyes sparkled. We finished eating and sat at the edge looking at the stars.

"This is the perfect date that I always wanted," she said as she leaned onto my shoulder.

"I'm glad, my mom almost didn't let me out of the house dressed like this until I told her what I planned," I said and she giggled.

"Jean is the best," she said, "Your family is amazing. I don't know how many times I have told you that. You should see the way Jay looks at you, he really sees you as his idol."

"Macy looks at you the same way too," I said.

"Wouldn't that be funny if they got together in the future?" she asked, "Their story would have been so cliché and cute. I am totally jealous."

"Well I like our story then," I said and she glanced up at me. I saw the smile playing on her lips.

"You have the cutest dimples. It makes me sad that I don't have any," she said with a pout.

"Well you have the most beautiful smile I have seen," I said and leaned down to kiss her. This time didn't have the same effect as our first kiss; it was way better.

***************************************

By the way guys, thank you for 12k reads! I am grateful to all of you guys. So this is probably one of my favorite chapters of Endless Fighting because I am a major hopeless romantic. Anyways...

Vote

Comment: Should I make an instagram account and post updates on this story and Endless Fighting on Episode?

Share

Follow

Episode: Endless Fighting by CPearl

Instagram: cpearl89.writer

Have a great day/night fighters!

-C