28.

{(Y/n) POV}

I looked at the black armor in my hands, the tight fabric feeling warm against my skin already. 'Are you positive about this?' I asked Karliah, who had already put on the magical looking gear. 'Yes, just do it.' My eyes went shyly towards Brynjolf, who was hesitating whether to speak to me or not. 'I guess the high word's out, Bryn.' He sighed, averting his eyes to the ground. 'I have no idea if I could keep it hidden for long, though. I wanted to tell you as soon as I saw you again, but then Karliah showed up.' His cheeks were flushed. I bit on my lip, smiling a bit. 'You kind of look hot in that armor.' He gulped and looked at me with wide eyes, causing me to giggle. 'I am just teasing you, Brynjolf. No need to act shy around me.' A relieved smile spread over his face. He would become a Nightingale as well so there were three of us, Karliah had said. 'Are you ready to proceed?' Karliah urged, pointing at the attire in my arms. I nodded, gesturing that Brynjolf should turn around. 'No peeking!' I mused, starting to take of my clothes. He chuckled nervously before giving me the privacy I needed. I slipped inside of the Nightingale armor and straightened them before turning to Karliah. 'What's next?' 'You're eager I see. Good.' I was a bit too enthusiastic for my liking but still I had to save the Guild, only if it meant saving Brynjolf. 'Okay lass, we've got these getups on. Now what?' I realized the ginger man had no idea what was going on as well. 'Beyond this gate is the first step in becoming a Nightingale. We need to find out what Mercer plans on doing and stop him before it is too late.' Karliah spoke. 'The rules are fairly simple. Nocturnal allows you to use your abilities whatever to wish. In return, both in life and death, you must serve as a guardian of the Twilight Sepulcher.' I frowned. 'What's that?' My voice sounded muffled because of the mask that came with the Nightingale hood. 'It is the home to the Ebonmere, portal to the Evergloam and the resting place for the Skeleton Key, the key that unlocks any door.' Karliah explained. I hummed, shrugging. 'No idea what that is, but I will do it.' Brynjolf chuckled. 'At this point, there isn't much to lose.' he said, his eyes finding mine. I looked away shyly, glad that my face was covered. 'Are you ready to transact the oath with Nocturnal?' Karliah asked me. I gave her a small nod, accepting whatever would be ahead if it meant that the Guild could continue to exist. 'Good. After I open the gate, please stand on the western circle.' The Dark Elf walked away to open it and me and Brynjolf made our way to the iron bars. 'Let's get this on with. Who knows what Mercer is planning, (Y/n). I am glad we are doing this.' I smiled at him, even though he could not see it. Karliah grabbed the chain and pulled it, lowering the gate into the floor. A circular place that looked much like the Cistern appeared, fog covering the three stone plateaus that were in front of us, faced towards a bigger inner circle with the Nightingale sign on it. I stepped to the most left one hesitantly, nerves starting to pump through my body. As we all stood straight, looking at the middle, Karliah started to speak up. 'I call upon you Lady Nocturnal, Queen of Murk and Empress of Shadow... hear my voice!' The room started to become covered in a glow of blue and a ball of light appeared at the spot we had our eyes upon. Her voice echoed through the halls. 'Ah, Karliah. I was awaiting your arrival. Your visions from me seemed to have put you to action. Two new Nightingales approach, (Y/n) and Brynjolf. I've been watching you two, you are two excellent burglars. But I need you most, (Y/n).' I nodded, bowing my head. 'You are the one that can stop Mercer Frey from his unwise arrangement. He stole the Skeleton Key and plans it on using it for his own good. You need to cease him.' 'What do you need me to do?' She was silent for a second. 'Whatever you think is needed.' I swallowed. 'You mean, even kill him?' Nocturnal vanished before even answering my question, making me feel very confused. 'What do you think?' Karliah asked softly, trying not to startle me in my trembling state. Nevertheless, her voice made me jump slightly. 'I... I don't know.' Karliah stepped up to my circle, putting her hands on both my shoulders. 'Do you understand what the consequences are of your following actions, whether you kill him or not?' I swallowed, realization washing over me. 'I really have to kill him, don't I?' 

Can we get this story to 250 votes? :3