Chapter 20

TAYLORS POV

I was in the pick up lane at Caroline's school waiting for her to come out. It was Friday and I was in a little but of a hurry because right after this we needed to get on a plane and head to New York. I finally saw her walk out he door and start walking to my car.

"Hey girl." I said when she got in. I started driving in the direction of the airport, I'd already packed our stuff into the car. I called my mom to see if she was on her way yet and she said she was on board the jet alreay. We were there within a half hour.

"Our bags are in the back." I said when I parked the car. Since we were flying in my private jet we could get on right there and not have to go through the airport. I took my bag and walked a few steps before being called back.

"Taylor! Which one is mine?" Caroline asked looking at the two bags lying in my trunk.

"The black one!" I yelled back over my shoulder. When we were finally on the plane I relaxed a little, I made it in time, now there wasn't anything to worry about. I was sitting with Caroline and my mom was sitting across from us facing our way.

My mom and I talked for the first half of the flight while Caroline was falling asleep beside me. When me and my mom stopped talking I heard her take a breath and look up with squinty eyes.

"You can go sleep up there if you want, it would be more comfortable and you could strech out." I said pointing over to one of the long rows that nobody was sitting in. She got up and headed that way, carrying a blanket with her. I watched to make sure she got there and layed down comfortably before turning back to the conversation with my mom.

Before long we were descending into New York City. The skyscrapers got closer and closer and the plane as a whole got louder, I was surprised Caroline was still asleep through this. We eventually landed and I needed to talk to one of my bodyguards for a second before I got off so my mom said that she would wake Caroline up.

CAROLINE'S POV

I felt a gentle hand on my arm waking me from my sleep. A soft voice was quietly repeating my name, I opened my eyes and expected to see Taylor standing over me, but it was Andrea. If it had been Taylor waking me up I might have taken a little longer to pull myself out of the seat I was laying on, but since it was Andrea I felt like I shouldn't.

I followed Andrea off the plane after looking back at Taylor who was talking to the pilot and a bodyguard. Andrea and I got into a car and the driver drove away from the airport, I guess Taylor was heading a separate way. I didn't feel as safe as I usually do, I was in a big strange city with only my foster mom's mom who I didn't know that well.

We drove for almost an hour until we pulled up next to a hotel and got out. There were paparazzi beginning to arrive, my guess was that Taylor would soon be here. I let my suitcase roll behind me as I followed Andrea up to the front desk, she told them her name and she was given a key card. We were supposed to be on the top floor. The elevator ride up was mostly silent, she probably thought I was shy or not very talkative, which wasn't true, but I just wasn't very comfortable around her alone yet.

When we got to our hotel room we put our bags down and Andrea went into the bathroom. I went over to the window and looked down just in time to see Taylor getting swarmed by paparazzi on her way in.

By the time Andrea was out of the bathroom Taylor was entering our room. Once we had all of our things organized and we got settled Taylor decided to just order room service for supper. We got Chinese food and watched TV while waiting for it to come. Taylor and I were sitting on the bed and Andrea was sitting on a chair. 13 Going on 30 was playing on the TV and we were all watching intently until there was a knock on the door.