Chapter 26

CAROLINE'S POV

It was December 4th, the night of Taylor's second concert in New Zealand. This time I was awake for it. My sleeping schedule had changed, but not to regular. I was now sleeping whenever I was tired, I had no particular sleeping schedule, all I knew was I wasn't tired right now.

I was sitting in the sound booth with Andrea for the duration of the show. By the time it was over and we were back in our hotel room it was already 1am. Taylor showered before she came to bed, I still wasn't tired at all. Actually my mind was all over the place. I wasn't having the best day, but I didn't let it show because I didn't want to be grumpy and rude to Taylor like the other day. That was because I was tired, but this was because I missed my parents. Christmas was coming up and I was getting all sentimental and I may or may not have broken down in a dressing room bathroom earlier.

Taylor didn't look tired when she got out of the shower, but she still laid down in bed next to me. We turned off the lights but laid there talking for forever.

"And we'll probably be at my parents for Christmas too." Taylor said when we were speaking about the holidays.

"I miss my dad." I said flatly but all in one breath. Me and Taylor hadn't talked about this subject in a while.

"Where has that sweatshirt been lately?" She asked me. I had almost forgot about his sweatshirt, it was still back in Nashville sitting in a suitcase. I wished I would've brought it.

"At home." Was all I said. I then regretted bringing my dad up. I didn't feel like talking about him. I forced my eyes shut and told Taylor I was going to sleep.

I laid there awake for a long time, I think Taylor knew I was awake. Suddenly she turned on the beside lamp and propped herself up on her elbow, facing me.

"Wanna go get doughnuts?" She asked. I couldn't help but laugh.

"I'm serious! There a shop right across the street open 24 hours a day." She told me. So there we were, Taylor Swift and Caroline Connor, going to get doughnuts at 3am in our pajamas. We were the only ones in the place and we both got doughnuts with chocolate frosting. We walked back across the street and up to our room but didn't start eating until we were comfortable in bed watching Friends.

My mood had changed and I wasn't having a bad night anymore . Eventually I started to doze off on my own without anyone forcing me to sleep. Right before I fell asleep I heard the TV turn off and I felt Taylor's arms lowering me so I was laying down and not sitting up.

On the day after Taylor's 24th birthday we were in Melbourne Australia. It was the day of the last show here. When Taylor was done performing we were going to be getting on a plane back home. When the show was over we went into Club Red. I followed Andrea around and I didn't really know what to say to people so I only really talked to them if they talked to me first. Right when we were about to leave Taylor called me back.

"Care, come over here!" She said and I went over to her and two girls that looked about my age. Apparently they wanted a picture with Taylor and I. Taylor got in the middle with the girls on her side and I was on the end. After the picture was taken Taylor gave them both another hug and told them goodbye. When I saw Taylor like this I felt really lucky to have her. She genuinely cared about all these people and she genuinely loved me. Even though sometimes I could be a pain in the butt.

Once we were out of the arena we were on the plane in no time. I was tired but Taylor wasn't. She went to the back of the plane to do some work and I sat in the front beside Andrea. I wanted to sit in the seat that me and Taylor sat at on the way down here but I didn't want to be weird and not sit with Andrea.

I fell asleep almost instantly after only to wake up an hour later because of a pain in my neck. I was sitting in a really uncomfortable position because Andrea was sitting right beside me and I wanted to be polite and not be in her space. I looked towards the back of the plane and Taylor was still sitting there working. I forced myself to go back to sleep in that uncomfortable position because there was still 16 hours left on this flight.

When we were finally getting off the plane it was noon on the same day we left. I let Andrea get out of our row of the plane first and when I got out I reunited with Taylor. I'd been awake for the past 8 hours and longing to go sit in my seat by Taylor. But I didn't want to be rude and move away from Andrea.

I stumbled upon taking my first steps in 17 hours. I soon regained my balance and we were getting in a car to go back home. I couldn't wait to change into pajamas and flop down into my comfy bed. Taylor was driving, Andrea was in the passenger seat and I was behind Taylor. We dropped Andrea off at Taylor's parents house before we went home, after she got out I climbed up to sit by Taylor.

"I'm so tired." I groaned as I put on the seatbelt and Taylor drove towards home. When the apartment building was finally in reach I got out of the car and started walking towards the doors.

"Caroline! Get your bag." Taylor called me back. I sat down as we rode upwards in the elevator.

"What are you doing?" Taylor asked me.

"I'm too tired to stand up." I said plainly. Taylor helped me up when the doors opened and we entered our apartment. Taylor's scent filled my nose upon entering and all the familiar decorations greeted me. I dropped my bag at the door and started towards the stairs leading to my bedroom. Climbling the stairs was tough on my tired legs, but it was so worth it once I was in my own bed.

Five minutes later I was almost asleep when the door opened and Taylor came in in her pajamas. She flopped down on the bed beside just like I had earlier. I laughed and let her get under the covers.

"I missed you, Care." She said and pulled me closer to her.

"You missed me?" I asked confusedly.

"Yeah, we weren't together that much, I always had to be doing something. I'm sorry." She told me before kissing the top of my head where my forehead met my hairline. I hadn't really thought about that, she was always in a meet and greet or at a sound check it something, but now I realized that I had missed her too. I had missed her hugging me all the time and I had missed being with her all day. Since my mom died I had gotten no time with any type of a mother figure or even a grandma or aunt. Now that I had Taylor I was getting really used to her always being there, but that wasn't a bad thing.

My mind shut off in no time and I was fast asleep under Taylor's protective arm.