I ran my hand on his smooth black hair when Eziel tried to use his tongue making me shiver and released a soft moan. I pulled my lips to breathe and I was surprised when he held his hand that was holding that blue rose.

"Happy birthday." He said and I was speechless.

Yes, I wanted the rose but I thought it wasn't for me when I first saw it.

"Am I that someone?" I said. I mean that someone who's eye color was the same as that rose.

"Yes. You were." He said and smiled. I pressed my lips together, biting it to supress a smile.

I don't even know why I felt happy.

Eziel motioned his hand and I accepted the blue rose that still look freshly picked from it's long stem.

"So genetically modified roses don't wither?" I said and he chuckled.

"It does. That's a new one." He said as I leaned the rose to my nose, sniffing it. It smelt nice but it can't compare how Eziel smelt that time. "That rose may wither but my love for you won't." He said.

My cheeks heated up hearing him said something so corny like that. He wasn't the strict and stiff grandpa that I knew.

"That was. . . corny." I said making him laughed so loud and I kinda felt happy because I made him laugh. That laugh that sounds like music.

Sounds like music!? Where in Marduk's name did I get that line!?

"Yes. That was indeed corny." He said and I smiled. As long as I remember, it was the very first geniune smile I gave him.

I didn't move when Eziel leaned his face closer. I slowly closed my eyes thinking that he will kiss me again which I can't wait when I heard someone cleared his throat. I pushed Eziel so fast and glanced at the direction where I heard that someone.

I was stunned when I saw daddy standing on the porch making my cheek heat up.

"I—I. . ." I paused when I realized I don't know what to say after.

"Good day, alpha Colin." Eziel said and I jolted when he threw his arm on the back of my shoulders and pulled me closer to him. I can feel that I was blushing.

"Eziel. You can call me anything you want but don't add alpha anymore." Daddy said and he looked at the both of us and smiled.

He knew, of course.

"Okay. . . daddy."  Eziel said making me snapped my head at his direction, frowning, almost sneering at him. Eziel was grinning widely like a kid.

"Come inside, we're having hot chocolate." Daddy said. "And by the way, you look good together."

"Daddy!" I cried and they both laughed.

∷∷∷

Daddy left us after he served the hot chocolate on the kitchen and I never opened my mouth to talk. I didn't even know why am I acting like a girl in love!

I glanced at Eziel who was sitting across and our eyes met making my heart jumped and I looked away first. It felt like he was so far away.

"Why didn't you tell me?" I asked, cutting the silence.

"Tell you what?" He said as if he didn't knew. I know he knew what I'm talking about.

"That we're. . ." I paused and looked at him. Eziel cocked his head on his side and I rolled my eyes every side but I never let it fell to his face.

He kinda look hot.

"We're?" He said. I looked straight to his piercing brown eyes.

"That we're mates!" I said. He looked at me and I can't read what he was thinking. I can't hear him.

"Because I don't want to spoil it." He said and lifted the mug up to his lips and sipped. My eyes flew at his throat, his Adam's apple bobbing as he swallows and before I can't stop staring at it with an open mouth like a pervert, I looked away and touched my jaw.

"How old was I when you knew I was your mate?"

"Four."

I nodded. "Wow." I was amazed. He really waited me that long!? "So, how old are you now?"

"Thirty-two."

I frowned at him. "You're kidding."

"I'm not." He said and I raised a brow. He looked convincing as he sipped his hot chocolate.

"You don't look like thirty-two." I said.

"Thanks." He placed the cup back on the table.

"Yeah. You look. . . fourty-two." I said and Eziel chocked on his own saliva making me laugh but stifled it, bitting my bottom lip. His face was priceless!

Then he laughed. "Seriously?"

"Yeah." I said.

"Really?"

"I'm just kidding." I smiled and he chuckled.

"You scared me." He said relieved but his expression changed into a serious face so fast. He leaned on the table, closer. "Do find me. . . old for you?"

My mouth was left opened for a few seconds as I stared at Eziel. He's handsome. So handsome.

Why didn't I noticed that before?

Was I that blind?

"No." I answered at last. "I think I prefer someone who's older than me." I said and he looked into my eyes, trying to read me.

"Yeah?" He smiled.

I nodded. "Yeah."

Eziel stood abruptly and leaned closer at me. He held my jaw and pulled me closer as we pressed our lips. Well. . .

No table can separate us.

∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷

If you wish to create and account for Dreame, you can use the link below. This will help me support in Dreame.

https://dreame.page.link/kWDC

Thank you.