35.

I woke the next morning to the sound of knocking on the door. I opened my eyes. Chris was already up. I pulled the covers over my head. I felt awful today. My whole body ached.

Chris wheeled the room service cart into our room and the smell of coffee made my stomach turn.

"Can you get that out of here? It's making me feel sick." I groaned.

He pushed the cart back out and came and lay down next to me wrapping his arms around me. "If you're that sick you should see a doctor." He said.

"I just feel achy. I think you guys must have been too hard on me last night." I whined from under the covers.

He pulled them down over so my head was poking out. "You just said the food cart was making you feel sick. Why don't you want to see a doctor?"

"It's fine. I'm fine. It's just too early."

"We have to go speak to the wedding planner. You gotta get up, Em."

I pulled the covers back over my head and groaned.

"Emily. I'm getting really sick of this shit. If you don't want to marry me just say it." Chris snapped rolling away from me and sitting on the end of the bed.

I pulled the covers off and sat up. "How is me feeling like shit suddenly about you?"

"You keep saying you're going to be fine but every day you're worse. You won't see a doctor. It feels like tomorrow you're gonna get up and decide you aren't well enough and you're gonna call it off. Just call it off if you want to call it off. We could have save a lot of money and heartache." Chris said. I couldn't believe he was actually thinking these thoughts.

"Why would you even think that? I keep telling you it's just stress. Maybe it is the flu? The doctors aren't going to do shit about it. Why do you not trust me? When have I ever given you any reason not to trust me?"

Chris groaned and got up, striding out of the room. I chased after him. He started heading to the exit, picking up his wallet from the coffee table.

"Christopher Robert Evans! Do not make me chase you into the lobby naked! You know I'll do it!" I yelled. The smell of the coffee suddenly overwhelmed me and I dashed into bathroom and fell to my knees, throwing up into the toilet.

Chris appeared behind me, pulling my hair back behind my head and holding me as I heaved into the bowl. When I finally seemed to have nothing left to throw up, he hit the flush and pulled me to my feet, holding me against him.

"Please go to the doctor." He said.

"After the wedding? There's so much to do. I promise if I wake up on Sunday and I feel like this I'll go." I pleaded.

"Don't leave me at the altar." He said that so quietly and with such fear it made my heart break.

"Chris, do you actually think that I'd do that?"

"No. But fears aren't always rational and I'm scared."

I squeezed myself against him, pressing my face into his chest. "Chris, I am going to meet you at that zoo tomorrow. I will probably be a little late, because brides always are. I will be wearing a big cupcake dress and a stupid tiara. I will walk down that path to where you are standing and I will promise to you in front of all those people that I am going to stick by your side until I die. Because I love you and I want to spend the rest of my life with you."

* * * * *

After I finally managed to get ready to go out, Chris and I met with the wedding planner one last time to make sure everything was still fine and ready for tomorrow. There were no major problems expected except for keeping the press away from the spot where we had to walk between the zoo and the ship. They had informed the police.