15.

The following day we spent helping Gaby pack up her things and just spending time together. Gaby's parents and sisters stayed until after lunch. There were so many tears when they left. Gaby was near inconsolable. I ended up just holding her as she sobbed into my lap.

Chris was being a little bit sulky throughout the day. Normally the day before he would leave for any period of time, I was his all day long. I think he'd conditioned himself to expect it and while he obviously understood why I was glued to Gaby, he would occasionally look at me and get really fidgety.

At around three I took him by the hand and led him into the bedroom. When the door closed on us, I pushed him up against the wall.

"I love you, Chris." I whispered, kissing him down his neck. "I hate that you're leaving again. I wish I could come with you."

He smiled and pulled me tightly against him. "Me too."

"Think about something you want to do to me tonight. I'm up for anything okay?"

He smirked, narrowing his eyes at me. "Will I get sweet Emily?"

I walked my fingers up his chest. "Oh no. I will not be happy about it. You're going to have to take my submission by force."

He smiled and his tongue ran along his bottom lip. "Wicked."

When we were absolutely sure all of Gaby's stuff was packed we piled the boxes and suitcases near the front door.

"Are you sure you're okay posting this stuff to me?" Gaby asked as I stacked the last box.

"Of course I'm okay posting it to you. Might take me a few weeks, because holy shit woman, how much stuff do you own?"

Gaby laughed and hugged me. "I have some cash, let me give it to you and I can paypal you the rest when we know how much it's costing."

I rolled my eyes. "Don't be stupid. I don't need your money. I need you to not be going away."

"Emmy, no! I've cried too much today." Gaby whined. I hugged her again and Chris walked in on us.

"Alright, come on you two. I'm taking you both out."

* * * * *

Chris took us to a nearby bar to eat. We sat in a back corner booth drinking and reminiscing.

"Remember when you surprised Emily by playing Part of Your World on the piano? And then we spent ages just singing songs together?" Gaby squeaked.

"That was a really fun day. I remember you got all annoyed by me. The three of us hadn't really hung out just the three of us before that." Chris smiled.

"I think that was the first time I really saw what Emily saw in you. Like I mean, I knew what she saw in you. I wasn't like 'damn, that Chris guy is a jerk, what does Emily see in him?' But I mean, I saw it for myself. Up until then you were more a guy I knew who was into my friend. I knew you guys cared about each other, but that day I saw why."

I leaned my head against Chris' shoulder. Normally something like that would result in my pretending to vomit, but I couldn't do it. All I felt was love and melancholy. I wanted to drown in it.

"That's funny Gabs. I remember seeing this different piece of Em that day that made me love her even more. It was the bit that was meant for you."

"This conversation is making me feel uncomfortable." I said. Not really trying to stop them from having it. Just adding my own bit of me to it.

"You're just going to have to wear it babe. The people who love you most in the world are talking."

Gaby sighed, and looked off blankly for a second. Eventually she reached over and took my hand. "You'll look after her right, Chris?"