4.

Just prior to Chris leaving to start filming the Avengers movie, the Thor film premiered in Hollywood. Chris hadn't really intended to go to the premier. He was invited, but it wasn't something he had to do, so he was going to turn it down. I stepped in and quite adamantly insisted we go. I was not ever going to miss out on the opportunity to attend a premier for a Marvel movie when one was handed to me. Chris had groaned about it, but he agreed to take me.

What I hadn't counted on was the angry intervention by his publicist. She had not wanted him to take me. When he insisted that he was going to she had me meet with a stylist where they had taken me clothes shopping, the dress we finally settled on then went to the tailor so it would fit me perfectly.

I was taken to a rather upscale hair salon to get my hair restyled. They'd wanted me to cut my hair shorter and get rid of the coloured ends. I'd told them pretty clearly that they could go fuck themselves. On the day of the film premier the stylist came around and dressed me, set my hair, and put on my make up. I did look pretty hot in the end, I must admit. It wasn't a super over the top formal thing, so I wasn't wearing a ball gown. We'd settled on a blue and green watercolor print halter neck dress that had a flared skirt that reached just above my knees.

Chris looked amazing as always, in his navy blue three piece suit that shimmered slightly. He had a little stubble going on, and his hair was cut short. We were just getting ready to leave, the car waiting for us when his publicist, Molly came over and told me I needed to take my engagement ring off.

I looked at Chris helplessly. I'd take it off if he wanted me to, but this felt ridiculous. I didn't want to have to pretend to be some side piece.

"Don't be fucking stupid, she's leaving it on." Chris snapped, taking my hand in his.

"Chris, it's important for your image right now to appear available. We need women to want to think they have a chance with you." She said to him, like she was explaining it to a toddler.

"I honestly couldn't give a fuck." He yelled. "You're seriously going to have to get used to the idea that I'm going to be a married man soon and deal with it. And I swear to god, if I hear one rumour that I'm cheating on her with a cast mate, or that we've broken up, I'll be finding another publicist."

He was so angry. I'd never seen him so completely livid with someone before. I'd seen him fake it with me. I'd seen him scared and protective over me to the point I thought he'd hit someone. This was something else. I actually thought that she was about to get fired. I took his arm and squeezed it.

"Chris, I'm just trying to help your career here. That's my job. Emily is a nobody. Yes she's pretty, but if she was a known entity ..."

Chris raised his finger in front of her face to shush her. "Go hop in the car, Emily." He said trying to appear calm and collected. I did as I was told and he shut the door behind me. I then watched as Chris argued with his publicist at a low whisper. I couldn't hear what was being said at all, but it scared me a little. Chris never got angry. I know it wasn't my fault. I mean, logically that is. I still kind of felt like it was my fault. I didn't want to be the reason why someone lost their job and I definitely didn't want to ruin Chris' career.

"This conversation is over!" Chris yelled, and opened the car door, sliding in next to me. He slammed the door behind him.

He sat seething beside me. I slid over next to him and lent my head on his shoulder.

"I'll take it off if you want me to." I said softly. "I don't want to ruin your career."

Chris laughed and put his arm around my shoulder. "Don't be an idiot. I don't want that. And as for ruining my career. I just signed a six film multi-million dollar contract with Marvel. I'm going to be fine."