“I’m used to watching you and giving our parents heart attacks is your thing. But this time…” he shook his head, “it was different. They thought you were dead. Even Luke thought you were dead. The only one who didn’t was Michael and that’s only because you have that bond thingie. He came over on the third day. He’d been keeping himself locked up in the security office. No one really knew what he was doing but…I’d like to think he was tracking you, somehow. He came over to check on me. Make sure I was ok. He’s the one who said, ‘If she was dead, I’d feel it. You’d feel it, Sebastis. Because a life like that leaving the world, would cause ripples.’ He’s the only one who had hope. Then he said he had to go. He had a lead, an anonymous tip. He grabbed Dad and Luke and they took off.”

He smiled. “Mom wasn’t sure if she was supposed to plan a funeral or a homecoming party.”

“Why are you smiling about that?”

“Because I asked her to picture the look on your face if you came home to find a coffin instead of a cake. She didn’t think it was funny but…Michael was right. But I want to say something about Aidan before anything else happens.”

“Oh, ok.”

My brother stared me in the eyes when he said the next part. “I don’t trust him. I understand why he did what he did but I don’t trust him. Not with your life or with anyone else’s. If you decide…just be careful. Ok? Because next time I won’t hesitate.”

“I understand.”

“Good. Now, do you want me to wrap that? Because you really smell like a hospital.”

My brother wrapped my cast in cling wrap. It was a new experience for us, one that made us giggle hysterically when he was finished. It took me longer than usual to shower. My usual fifteen minute showers stretched out to about forty five. Don’t ask me how I managed it because I don’t even know. The water was turning cold by the time I turned off the water. I dried off and unwrapped my hand.

I got dressed as best as I could and then sat at the end of my bed. I held my cast in my good hand. I tried to wiggle my fingers, all I got was pain. I was starting to think they hadn’t done anything. Michael knocked on my door then.

“What?” I said. He opened the door and I shot him a look. “I didn’t say you could come in.”

“We need to talk.” He closed the door behind him and came over. “What are you doing?” he asked noticing my hand.

“I’m trying to see if it’s fixed yet. Are you sure she fixed it?”

“Yes, Georgiana. She fixed it but it’s going to take time. Just like she told you.”

“You know what? Let me break your hand. Then maybe you’ll know how it feels.”

“Georgiana…”

“What do you want to talk about Michael?”

“The boy. We should talk about him.”

“He has a name you know.”

He ignored my comment. “Your parents want you to stay away from him. So do I.”

I looked at him. “Why?”

“Because he’s not good for you.”

“You know I distinctly remember you saying the same thing about you.”

“That’s different.”

“How? I’ve known Aidan for years before this whole mess happened.”

“I realize that but he also has an adverse affect on you. It’s not healthy. And on top of that he’s a bit obsessed. Even the psych eval said so.”