3

John's POV:

Alexander was cute. Cute, but probably straight. Most cute guys were. Plus, no one but Peggy knows I'm gay, and I'd like to keep it that way.

"Alexander, Nice to meet you." We shook hands. Shit, his hands were soft. He was short, too. Short was super cute. I heard Herc snapping his fingers next to my ear, and realized we'd been shaking hands for more than the acceptable, non-awkward time. I quickly withdrew my hand.

"Sorry."

"No, it was my fault." Laf rolled his eyes.

"Oh my god, why don't you two just kiss already!?"

"I'm not gay!" Alexander stuttered.

"Me neither," I added. Laf raised an eyebrow. I could tell he wasn't the only one questioning my straightness.

"In fact, I'm kind of into Peggy right now." Of course, I wasn't, but she was the only that would convince everyone of my sexual orientation. I noticed Lafayette laughing silently into his hand. Luckily, he was out of sight of the others. Alexander seemed confused.

"Peggy?"

"Peggy Schuyler. Of the Schuyler sisters?"

"Oh, like Angelica? I have her number."

"You actually asked for her number?!"

"What?! No! She gave it to me."

"Daaaaaaaaamn. You better hope you're straight. Nobody gets Angelica's number. No one. Not even Jefferson. When he asked, she bitch slapped him."

"Hey, speaking of numbers, Can I have your, Alexander?" He smiled.

"Sure!" I attempted to contain my excitement as he typed the digits into his phone.

"Well, we should get you settled. See you guys tomorrow."