Chapter 2

* Chapter 2- I get by with a little help from my friends *

The lunch area was small, everyone had their little cliques of friends. The Jocks with Jocks, Mods with mods, and so on. We walked over to the corner, the cloud of smoke acted as a curtain for some tables. Two boys smiled and called for John. "Come on then." He said as he walked quickly making sure to not hit my cello with anything.
I followed him to the two smiling teddy boys.
One had a more feminine appearance, while the other one had more rugged features and was most likely younger than the other. "Who's this lovely bird?" The boy with hazel eyes asked. "This is Lucy. She's the new girl." John replied lazily. "Oh well, I'm Paul, that over there is George, he's a grade below us. But I'm in the same grade as John." Paul said with a wink. "Well that's nice to know." I blushed as I waved to the both of them kindly.
George waved shyly back, while Paul took my hand and kissed it lightly. I smiled as our eyes locked with one another for a brief second. "Alright Paul, that's enough." John said annoyed. "What? I'm just being a gentleman." Paul replied smoothly. "Huh, yeah right, whatever." John murmured.
"So, where are you from? You don't have quite the Liverpool accent." George asked with his substantially thicker Liverpool accent. "London. I moved here over the summer." I replied a tad louder, revealing a more posh tone. He nodded, "Do you like it here so far?" "Well yes and no." I said somewhat vaguely. He gave me a look to continue.
"Well no because, I actually really liked London, and all my friends are there. Losing all my friends. Starting new with no friends to help.. I had a nice life there for quite some time. Born and raised in London, you could see why I was saddened by moving here. But yes because, there is a good rock and roll scene, from what I hear." I replied softly.
"Well, you have Paul, George, and I." John answered before George could. "Yeah, and we can show you where the real rock and roll is at!" George chimed in. I laughed and nodded, "I'd like that."
"So, you like Rock and Roll?" Paul asked. "Yes!" I smiled widely. "Well, you know John, George and I are in a band-" "We're called 'The Quarrymen'" John interrupted Paul. He shot John a look of anger but quickly changed it to content. "Oh that's great! I'd love to hear you all sometime!" I said trying to change the mood of the table that was gradually taking course.
The bell rang, ending the awkward vibrations that ran around the table. George said his good byes and walked quickly to class. Leaving alone with Paul and John. "What class do you have next Lucy?" Paul asked making sure to smoothen out his words. "Um.. Mathematics." I said looking down at my folded schedule. "Oh With who?" He asked. "Mrs. Taylor" I answered somewhat lost. "Oh I have her too! I'll walk you to your class." He smiled. "I'll walk with you too." John said a tad more seriously. I nodded "You both can walk me." I tried to smile, but the tension was growing with each step.
"Have you liked the school so far?" Paul asked. "Yeah, it's ok, it's a lot smaller than my old school." I said contently. A blonde girl ran up towards John and locked arms with him. "Hi John! How was your summer? I didn't see you at all!" the girl said giddily.