Chapter Ten | Sexual Tension

Start from the beginning

"I was expecting a bit more fun from you, Kaia. I'm thoroughly disappointed," she commented tossing her half-eaten apple into the trash.

"Daniella, shut up," Jack turned around and snapped at her. "Don't say anything to discriminate her." I rolled my eyes as I ate another bite of my bagel. Daniella and Jack had begun arguing about God knows what, so I just headed out of the kitchen. I was stopped abruptly by a hand gripping my forearm which spun me around so that I was facing Jack. "Where are you going?"

"To my room. Issue?" Jack didn't respond, but Daniella did.

"Noel left for the afternoon like an hour ago. Teo is probably in his office if you two want to get it on or something," she put bluntly. I scowled at her hoping she didn't realize just how enticing the thought of getting it on with Matteo sounded to me in that moment. I may not like the whole 'Alpha situation' he has going on, but I can't deny what a fine piece of ass Matteo is.

"Like I said, I'll be in my room," I stated as I walked out of the kitchen.

I swear on my life that my intention was to walk straight to my/Matteo's room. It wasn't until I got to the hallway when I had the option to walk up another flight of stairs or walk to the end of the hall to Matteo's office that I decided to scratch that plan.

"I can just stop in, and say hi. There's nothing wrong with being friendly. It's not like I'm trying to ride him," I reasoned knowing for fact that I was going against my entire rogue side, but I couldn't help it. Matteo had an annoyingly strong hold on me: the mate bond. It was like I had a literal leash on.

I made my way down to Matteo's office being as quiet as possible. I was not willing to give Daniella the satisfaction of knowing that I'd actually went to see Matteo. I reached the large, oak door and didn't even bother knocking. I just walked straight in.

"Hey, I just wanted to say hey—and no one's in here," I said as I realized that I was talking to literally no one. Bummer. I sighed in annoyance, but decided not to leave the office. Instead, I walked in completely and shut the door behind me.

I realized in that moment that Matteo was about five times more organized than I'd ever been. Everything in his office seemed to have its own special place. Even his desk was organized. I had no clue how he managed to keep everything in order with so much work that had to be taken care of. I would be a mess if I were him.

I knew from the various conversations with my dad that the Caedes Pack was important. It was one of the packs that basically ran all of the packs below it. Other packs that rank near Caedes are mainly just Socius, Uirium, Apsens, and—the one pack I unfortunately didn't take as seriously as I should have—Vindicta. Out of about all thirty packs located within North America, these five basically run the whole show.

Caedes and Uirium not only outrank all the packs in North America, but they are also two of the highest ranking packs known to this day.

The Ducem Pack in Russia is actually the largest pack known to date. It's always been a dream of mine to destroy it slowly, but I can only cause so much destruction at once without getting myself killed.

Point is, I know for a fact that Matteo doesn't exactly have an easy or non-stressful job to do, but his organization skills are certainly up to par.

"Well," I sighed as I scanned the office. My eyes landed on a couch that seemed fairly comfortable. My statement proved to be true as I sank down into the leather sofa and sprawled out lazily, "I suppose I'll just wait for Matteo, then."