Chapter Thirty-Two - Scottish Beauty

Start from the beginning

The morning came all too soon and the preparations for the McKenna's leaving were well underway.   Emma's trunks were being loaded into carts, the horses were being readied.   Lady Campbell made sure that there was enough food for their two day journey home.  They were leaving after breaking their fast to get a head start on the day.

As Emma hugged her sister Evelyn goodbye was when the tears started.    "I will miss ye so, ye will come and visit?" Emma murmured into Evelyn's hair as she hugged her sister fiercely.   Evelyn so full of emotion could only nod her response.  Gavin was beside Evelyn so Emma hugged him next.    "Ye will watch over my sister," she teased him.    

"Of course," Gavin blurted out, almost offended that Emma asked him that, but knew that Emma was toying him.   "Ye will come for our wedding Emma?" Gavin asked her knowing that it would make Evelyn very happy to have her sister there.

"Aye, Andrew and I willna miss your wedding," Emma responded.

Elise was next and Emma hugged her just as fiercely as she did Evelyn.   More tears erupted from both sisters.   Emma cupped her sister's face....."I love ye and I'm so very happy for ye."

Smiling through her tears.........."Ye were right Emma, I liked it very much," Elise blushed as she told her sister her secret.    Emma trying to remember their conversation from yesterday, her eyes went wide when she did remember and a sly smiled crossed her lips.

"See.....I told ye!" Emma teased her.  "I will be an Aunt soon enough."

Robert having overheard the last little bit of information between the two of them, wrapped his arms around Elise's waist and kissed her tenderly on her neck.   "Aye.....I will make sure that you become an Aunt very soon Emma."  The three of them broke out into chuckles now.

Robert stepped around his wife and hugged Emma.   "Ye take of yourself, ye carry the McKenna heir."   Hoping to lighten the mood a bit....."Ye take care of Andrew too!" he told her and winked.

"I will," Emma smiled back and whispered only for Robert to hear........"Ye care for my sister, I'm so glad that ye both found each other."

"So am I," Robert responded kissing her forehead as he pulled out of their hug.

Her mother and father were next, Emma didn't think that she would be able to let go.  "Ye will come when the bairn arrives?" she sobbed in her Mother's arms.  Her father's arms around the both of them as well.

"Of course Emma," Donald said emotionally kissing the top of his daughters head.  "Your Mother and I will come, we both want to be there when our first grandchild arrives."

"Aye Emma," Eileen said calmly trying to reassure Emma as she rubbed her back.  "I willna miss the birth of my first grandchild.   We will come in August."

Emma could only nod, she was still wrapped up in her Mother's loving arms.  

Robert move to say goodbye to his brothers now.    No tears were shed but emotions were running high.   No handshakes, but fierce hugs, promises of visits to come in the near future.  Promises of never ending brotherly love and support.  

Angus pulled his son into his arms, he didn't care if it was manly or not.   He knew that one day he would probably have to let go of one of them, but it was much harder then he thought.  He stepped back and kept his hand on Robert's shoulder.........."I'm so very proud of ye Robert.   Ye turned into a fine man, ye married a fine lass, ye married into a fine Clan."

"Thank ye Da," Robert could barely get out without choking.  

"Ye may be a Campbell now, tis the name your bairns will have....but....."Angus started and pointed at Robert's chest....."Ye will always be a McKenna and ye will always be welcomed home."