Not A Friend?

It wasn't evening as yet and all i was doing was lying on the couch in front of my switched on television. I was watching it? Nope. I was wondering if i would've told Manik.. It all would've been different. I would've been with him. But what if he didn't feel what i did.. He would've still dropped me home. Why is everything so weird around me. Just when i thought i wasn't going to be alone this is where i land. Sitting in the hall of my empty mansion with no one to speak to but this idiot box creating noise. I felt sleepy and water trailed down my eyes each time i looked at the tv screen. I was crying! No.. Definitely not. I don't know what was happening to me. I felt bad. Really bad. When Manik left without saying a word. But then i had wished for the same.. To stay away from him isn't it? But what now..
I closed my eyes thinking and rethinking over possibilities for me to be with him without telling him about my feelings but it all seemed as a dead end. Why couldn't i just call him up and tell him that i had fallen head over heels in love with him and this wasn't any rebound but something deeper than what I've ever felt.
I sat straight looking for my phone when i heard a bell on my door.
Who now? I wondered as i got up to open the door. There was a constant ringing of the bell until i opened the door and stood gaping at the person.
"what's wrong with you?"i asked in a little chilled down tone.
"what's wrong with me! What's wrong with you? Why weren't you picking up my call! I was calling you past an hour!"i still looked on gasping at him.
"Manik.. I.. I can't find my phone.."i said turning around as realisation dawned on me. He was really there.
"but tum tum yha kya kar rhe ho? Tum toh chale gye the na!"i said acting normal.
"tumne jaane nhi diya!"he said whisked past me into the house and onto my couch.
"why do you watch such stupid stuff!"he asked as i closed the door and went to him. I sat at a distance.
"what stupid stuff?"i asked not knowing what he meant.
"this!"he said looking straight. I followed his gaze only to find him staring at the tv screen where Varun Dhawan danced shirtless with two of his heroines. Tu mera hero was it? Galat baat? Yes!
"Thats not stupid that's Varun Dhawan.. One of the most handsome guys of the industry!"i said staring unblinking at screen. Not that i liked him like those crazy fans but i found him cute!
"you find him handsome?"i heard his voice.
"and cute!"i said as a smile spread on my face by the end of the song.
"listen he is almost 30!"Manik criticized him. As if i was going to marry him. But lets play along if he's getting irritated.. I chuckled to myself.
"Manik.. How does that matter.. Love shouldn't have age limits!"i said looking at him.
"hello! Love? Let me remind you! He's a celebrity!"he said almost immediately.
"so what I'm sure I'll meet him some day!"i said faking dreaminess.
"yeah right!"i muttered almost inaudibly but i heard it.
"but tumhe itna gussa kyun aa rha hai.."i asked.
"because he is stupid! And you're behaving like those crazy fangirls who wish to marry their favorite celebs!"he fisted a cushion.
"Manik.. Why will i want to marry him.. I don't want to marry him!"i said and his muscles immediately contracted. Was it happening just as i ever imagined? Does he too feel for me! What if it's just a friendly possessiveness.
"you don't want to marry him?" he asked like a kid and i nodded in a no.
"why? you toh find him handsome.. And cute.."he said and i knew it was time i could trigger something in him if he had the same feelings for me as i do for him.
" Manik.. Yes he is handsome, he is cute! But he is not the one I'm in love with! And he can never be!"i looked at Manik as he cringed and words came out of my mouth automatically. It was like my brain had gone on auto mode and everything just came out without me having to give it any thought.
" why can't he be?"someone's getting curious! And I'm loving it. Every curious question of his and my brain knew which stuff to spill out.
" because the person I'm in love with is not a celebrity! He is common! Though not common as me but he has got no industry to back him up as yet!"
"Nandini do I know him!" he asled me. Is he such a dumb. I've actually spilled half of the stuff but still this guy here just asked me if he knows himself!
"i don't know Manik.. You do but also you don't! I am not sure! But I'm sure you will like him.. I'll make you meet him soon! The only problem here is.. Neither My man knows that i love him nor i know if he loves me! Its just one sided!"
"he'll be dumb.. If he can't see it in your eyes!" he said. His tone changed into sad soft voice. Mr
Malhotra that's it! I declare you the dimness person on earth! Trust me!
"and you know Manik I also think that he has a girlfriend! And that is one reason i can't tell him about my love! I don't want to come between them! What do i do?" i could see his facial muscles clench gradually as i kept on blabbering about 'my man(ik)'
'aiyappa is it wrong to call him mine already! He has a girlfriend!'
" Nandini.. I don't know what to say!"he said slowly.
" and Manik you know! He so handsome! Like he us the Greek god! The most beautiful pair of eyes he has! A pure smile! His gives that cute look almost always!"my continued with whatever my brain told me to!
'Nandini Murthy stop!'
" Nandini can we not talk about this now!"he clenched his fist as he got up from the couch, switched off my television where Varun dhawan was trying to get that tall guy to love the girl! I wish i had such cupids! ♥️
" arey! Why? listen na! Please listen!"i followed Manik as he walked towards the kitchen.
" i don't want to! i'm hungry!"he said trying to avoid me! I was loving it honestly. I could now know at least what he felt. And it was definitely, if not what felt, then something closest to what I felt and for this once I wanted to forget about Soha.
" achha I'll make you something but listen to me!"
"Nandini no!" he almost shouted scaring me a bit but i was Nandini Murthy!
"Manik why!" i too took my tone to his level and i could see him get super pissed.
"tell me Manik! Aren't you my friend! Then why wouldn't you listen to me!" i said loudly!
"no I'm not your friend!" he shouted the loudest as he held me tight by my arms pulling me closer.
"Manik!" i whispered this time.
"no! I'm not your friend!" i said slower this time. His head hung low.
"why? Then what are you?" i looked at him unblinking.