There was food and a bottle of water on the table next to the cot, what looked like pot-roast, mashed potatoes, corn, and a biscuit. I looked at the food hungrily and picked up the fork that was next to it, and stared quitely at the plate.

'Xaez has to be okay, he ran off but this is not the first time he's ever done that. He always comes back, and when he does... people die. Roman's here, and all these marines. But how long? How long before they come and kill them all like they did at the base? How long before... before they come and kill Roman too?' 

I could feel the tears in my eye's, 'I can't.. I can't let them kill my brother. I have to do something, I have to leave this place. Xaez will come and kill everyone, I either leave... Or I tell them. They'll think I'm crazy, that... that Xaez is my friend, what I've done...'

I put the fork down and sobbed quietly, "I can't stay... I... I can't stay..." and sat there and cried quietly into my hands.

After awhile I wiped my eye's and reluctantly got off the bed to put the bottle of water and hard biscuit in my backpack for later, ate what little I could of what was left then crept towards the flaps of the tent. I peeked outside, waiting for my eyes to adjust to the light, and saw all the people walking around, some talking to each other. I could see the large vehicle again that was next to my tent.

A marine, Stephen I think? He was leaning on it and was talking with someone. I stayed and looked out from behind the flaps of the tent and tried not to draw any attention, there was nothing moving along the edge of the forest, and no sign of Xaez. 'Is that a good thing or a bad thing?' I couldn't see Roman anywhere either.

I slowly walked outside the tent and tried to see if I could find Roman when I suddenly felt something grab my arm, "Hey Kid- uh... Kat, right?" I jumped in surprise and slowly turned around. It was Stephen, I looked away from him and tried to get out of his grip.

Instead, he just let go, "If yer looking for yer brother, I know where he is." I stood there motionless. Stephen smiled and walked toward the big vehicle "He's in the APC, I think he's talkin' to Vance 'bout somethin' but I don't know."

I quietly followed him. 'So that's what that thing is called, an APC, now all I have to do is figure out what that means...' Stephen led me to the side of the APC and slid open a door before calling out to my brother, "Hey Roman! Yer sister is awake and I think she was lookin' for ya."

 "Kat?" I heard Roman say as he came from what I thought was the front of the vehicle, he stopped right in the door opening and wrapped his arms around me. I slowly put my arm's around him, "Roman..." I whispered softly.

He took my hand and helped me into the APC, Stephen walked in too but went to talk to Vance who was sitting in the drivers seat further in. Roman sat down on one of the passenger seats, and I sat down on the seat opposite, "Where did you go?" he asked.

 I looked at the floor and shyly shrugged, not sure of what to say. 'What do I say? What can I say? I don't know why I ran away... I was scared, I was stupid, I didn't know what was going on... If I'd just stayed put maybe none of this would have happened...'

 We sat there quietly for awhile, then he got up and sat down in the chair next to me, putting his arms around me and holding me. "I missed you so much Kat, I thought I'd never see you again..." I buried my head in his chest, and the fear, sorrow, and guilt of everything bubbled up to the surface,  I just couldn't stop myself from crying. 'I don't want to go! I want to stay here with him! I want to stay here and I want this to all go away!'

We sat there for a few minutes and held him tightly, not wanting the moment to ever end. Stephen showed up and sat down next to Roman. "Rom, we need ta start planin' when we're goin' ta leave, everyone else is freakin' out from the Xenos."