Chapter 44: Confusion

Beginne am Anfang

'I don't understand why nothing was happening when they both really like each other,' Keira said as she tried to find a reason why. 'I mean, look how happy they look together!'

'She told me she has always been afraid that she was just one of many girls and that she never was someone special,' Minttu explained and her eyes were still full of joy when she looked at her friend. 'I don't know what was up with Jenson, but maybe he thought the same, who knows?' she shrugged.

'So how long have you been together with Kimi?' Keira asked when she spotted Kimi staring at the both of them. She could see what Macy had meant, because Kimi was smiling when he caught Minttu's eyes. So he was able to smile this broadly, it instantly made him even more likable and he also looked really cute when smiling.

'Almost two years now. We've met in Finland when he took a break from Formula 1 and when he had just divorced Jenni,' she smiled while looking affectionately at her boyfriend. 'People don't believe me when I tell them he's actually rather sweet, but the Kimi I know is a very different one from the Kimi the media knows,' she explained.

'You're a very lucky girl,' Keira smiled. Kimi had always been very handsome and was by far the most popular driver on the grid, so to snatch him away from everyone else was a real achievement. 'I have always been a fan of him, although I have to admit that Seb has now taken the number one spot,' she grinned apologetically.

'Kimi is slowly turning Seb into himself, so in a few years I think they'll be the same,' Minttu laughed and she put her hand on Kimi's back.

'Are you trash talking us again?' Seb asked the two girls as they were both giggling and muttering something under their breaths.

'We wouldn't dare, you have three world championships between the both of you, so we know our place,' Keira smirked and she threw her hair over her shoulder.

'Somehow I don't believe you,' Seb now looked suspiciously at Keira. 'You two look way too happy. You were talking girl talk, weren't you?' he said like he knew what he was talking about.

'You sound stupid,' Keira laughed and Minttu said something in Finnish, what Seb seemed to understand because he glared angrily at her. 'Come on, let's dance again,' she grabbed Seb's hand and waved at Minttu and Kimi.

Seb had put his arms around her and it reminded her of the last party they had danced together. She gave in to his warm hands on her body and whenever their faces came close she held her breath, resulting in her getting dizzy several times. She had almost forgotten about the rest of the team and time seemed to stand still tonight as she was sure they had been dancing for hours, maybe even days.

'I'm getting us something to drink,' Seb said when they were both hot and sticky. 'I'll be back before you know it,' he winked before he disappeared to the bar.

Keira suddenly felt rather lost without Seb and looked around to find Macy, but she was nowhere to be seen. Minttu was currently slow dancing with Kimi and so she decided to join the other guys. However before she had reached the group she was tapped on her shoulder. It was too early for Seb to have gotten their drinks, so she turned around in surprise.

'May I have this dance?' a voice asked confidently. 'I mean, you still owe me after turning me down last time,' Fernando winked cheekily as he held out his hand.

Why was he always appearing out of nowhere whenever she was with Seb? Keira looked over her shoulder and Seb was still waiting to order, because it was rather busy at the bar. It looked like it was going to take a while, so she accepted Fernando's offer.

'You look great tonight,' he said when he let his eyes wander across her body.

'You too,' she quickly replied and she realised how stupid that sounded. 'Because you're not in Ferrari gear,' she added to sound more intelligent. He had pulled her really close and him being a Spaniard meant that dancing came naturally to him. She led him take the lead and tried to ignore his attempts to put his hands on her body, because she wasn't comfortable with him doing that like she was with Seb. Maybe Fernando was a better dancer, but dancing with Seb was definitely more enjoyable.