STAND BY ME - chapter 05

Start from the beginning

He chuckled. "You wouldn't merely understand," He looked at me, "This is why I can't affiliate myself with Konoha. Leaf-village shinobi are too narrow-minded." He spat out in a factual tone.

"What would you know?" Angrily looking at him, "You went rogue even though you had people who cared about you. You're in no place to talk about the Leaf."

My patience was wearing thin. I clenched my fists, anger filling my veins, I felt an overwhelming sense of hate run through me.

I smashed my fists onto the table, cracking it in half. "Orochimaru," I said, through clenched teeth, "Let me go!"

"You definitely won't make it easy for me," Orochimaru said, wheezing, letting out a cough.

I could literally kill him right now. He's sick anyway. But would that be smart? I'm in his territory.

I took a deep breath. Calm down, Aya. Calm down. Act normal.

I collected myself, and looked straight at the snake. "If you're going to keep me around, at least show me around this place." I suggested, maybe I could get a visual of the place and possibly find The Scroll.

"Kabuto will take care of that," Orochimaru spat out, he looked deathly, "In the mean time, I must go and self-medicate."

---- HOURS LATER ----

"Kabuto," I looked at the book-worm, "What time is it any way?"

He chuckled. "There are no windows in this cave, so I guess you wouldn't know. It's only 4 o'clock in the afternoon."

I nodded. Each moment that passed by, I was doubting my existence, that any one would find me, or help me get out.

I finished my tour of the cave with Kabuto, and managed to remember where some places The Scroll may be hidden. Some seemed more suspicious than others, like the hidden doors and hallow walls, but I will have to be careful regardless.

Itachi... where are you?
Each moment that passed by, I felt a longing towards him. As much as I wanted to resist such emotions, I couldn't deny myself these feelings. I felt a passion towards Itachi, a passion towards my childhood friend, who'd always been there for me.

---- BACK IN KONOHA ----

"Well, if it isn't the groom to be!" Izumi chuckled, smiling towards Shisui.

"Hah. I've been so busy," Shisui said, rubbing the back of his head, "I haven't been able to spend much time with you and Itachi..."

"It's all part of the wedding," Itachi added, "You know I'm here if you need any help with preparations." Itachi offered, smiling gently.

Itachi had already helped with the reception and handed out invitations.

"Yeah... me too," Izumi said, her mind wandering, "This is a big deal! One of our own getting married. Kayumi must be driving you crazy! She's really particular about the way she wants things to be."

Shisui placed his hands on his hips, laughing, "That's what made me fall for her! If anything, it makes things more organized," Shisui briskly crossed his arms, rubbing his chin, "But.. do you guys know if Aya will be able to make it?"

Izumi's smile slowly faded.

Itachi's eyes perked towards Shisui's, his eyebrows slightly furrowed. "I talked to her before she left for her mission. It's covert," He explained, "She said she may take a while."

"The poor girl... the village is not taking it easy on her," Shisui looked disappointed, "She basically runs the Hyuga, alongside Hiashi-sama."

Itachi nodded, "But we know how Aya is. She'll manage to finish any mission sooner than we expect." Itachi added.

"Shisui, what if your wedding happens and Aya's absent?" Izumi asked, her tone serious.

Itachi looked discomforted at the thought.

Shisui's expression saddened. "I would be more than willing to postpone the wedding, just so she could make it," his footing shifted, "I owe her big time. I would do anything. I'm sure Kayumi would understand."

"Me too. Let's hope all goes well..." Izumi said, her head dangling downwards.

Shisui chuckled, "Boy, Itachi! You sure look so gloomy whenever Aya's away." Shisui said, teasingly hinting at the apparent crush between the two.

Izumi smiled, "He actually does!"

"I don't know what you guys are talking about..." Itachi said, "I have to go home and help Sasuke train. I'll see you around, Shisui, Izumi." He gestured goodbye to his friends.

Izumi leaned near Shisui's side and whispered into his ear, "He's totally digging Aya."

Shisui nodded quickly. "It's obvious!" They both laughed and happily walked throughout the Uchiha district.