10

When I woke up the next morning, it took me a while to orientate myself. I usually left long before the night was over, simply to make a point. Whether it was the first time that I had met a man or woman between the sheets, or it was a repeat, it had still been just that. Adrian hadn't asked though, where to take me after the restaurant. And I hadn't complained, when he had driven his car through the high walls of his property, that perfectly went along with the appreciation of privacy of the family that he stemmed from, and up to his house, that reflected the family's wealth without being flashy about it.

Now, I turned and found the bed next to me in the bright morning light empty. With a huff puff on my lips I sat up. What exactly was the point of staying over at someone's, when the someone wasn't there? One look down my front and I discarded the idea of wearing my waistcoat on the way home. Adrian had done a marvelous job on my cleavage, with commendable focus to detail. Everyone who saw it would know what we had been up to the night before.

Slipping into one of his shirts, I followed the sounds of the morning out onto the roof-deck. I propped myself up on the balustrade and admired the view. Down in the pool, Adrian swam lane after lane. Whenever his arms broke the waterline and spread into the air on their way forward, his tattoos on his shoulders in conjunction with the water drops that he swept along, made it appear like he had grown wings. Bird or dragon, I couldn't decide which. Maybe even a phoenix as the wings seemed to be framed by flames. Before I could be caught gawking, I left my vantage point in search of a shower.

That's where Adrian found me. After proudly inspecting his handiwork, he decided that there was still time and space to add to the art. So, I found out about the advantages of staying the night first-handed after all, and felt an edge of exhaustion despite the late morning hour, when Adrian drove me to my place.

Any feeling of exhaustion was gone, when I saw Mike's car parked in front of my house again. He jumped out the driver's seat and stormed toward us, as soon as we stopped. The fact that he hadn't let himself in, put me on high alert. Besides, if the good Professor wouldn't move soon, he would be late to his lecture. Mike didn't do late. He was responsibility personified. Having had him as my guardian wasn't as fun as it might sound. Not to mention that I discovered at that point that I had more big brother and big sister type of figures in my vicinity than a single teenage girl should ever be forced to endure. I was out of my door before Adrian had turned off the engine.

"I was about to call you. It's Henry. He's gone."