Sam has to bite on her bottom lip to stop herself from grinning ear-to-ear.

“Aw, Adrian Carter, are you actually concerned about my safety?” she teases but she’s met with only a pause of silence, causing her to realise that what she’s said is actually true. It makes her heart flutter, knowing that someone actually cares about her safety and is concerned about her.

“Ade, listen it’s my job. And there was no one there in the warehouse anyway. It was just a search task.”
“And what did you find?” he asks.
“Erm....not much just...some class A drugs in mass quantities,” mumbles Sam as quiet and quick as she can but it’s no use since Adrian catches it all.
“I see,” he icily states, “and will you be returning there?”
“...Not in the foreseeable future. We have cameras installed there and we’ve got a lot of digging to do, before anything exciting can happen,” reassures Sam.
“ ‘Exciting’?” mumbles Adrian.
“Come on Ade. It’s alright, I promise... Jeez, who knew you would such a mother hen?” she teases again.

Ade just exhales deeply down the phone. It’s clear he’d never be able to talk her down from anything to do with her job and he begrudgingly respects that since he is the same in that particular aspect.

“Speaking of exciting. Don’t forget to do your ‘homework’ tonight,” he states a grin in his voice. Sam groans low and long at his blasted reminder. Oh why did she agree to this? Now, she has to search porn on the internet....great. Just great.
“...Shut up. I’m not the only one with homework.”
“What do you mean?”
“Well, it is your turn for the date this week. And I have high hopes.”
Ade clears his throat before proceeding, “I assumed I would be your date this weekend.”
“I ‘assumed’ that as well Adrian,” she flatly states causing him to chuckle lightly.
“Your date as in, your accompaniment...to the Police Department’s Yearly Ball, remember?”
Sam growls in annoyance. How the fuck does he know about that?!

“How do you know about that?”
“The entire city knows about it, Sam. Or at least those in positions concerning the city’s politics and such.”
“Right,” states Sam. That would of course include Adrian, what with him being one of the most influential men in the city, the state and probably the US. “Well you see, the thing about the ball is...” Sam feigns a cough, “I think I may be coming down with some sort of virus.”

“...Even for you that was a terrible effort,” declares Ade.
“Ugh, I’m not going to that Ade and you can’t make me,” she whines at him with a pout.
Ade smirks to himself, “we’ll see,” he concludes.
“I’m not going,” restates Sam.
“Mmm-hmmm...right,” somewhat sarcastically retorts Adrian with amusement.
“Adrian, I’m n-”
“Alright, okay...You’ve stated that already,” he interrupts.
“Urgh! You are so annoying,” she gnarls.
“And you Princess are an absolute delight,” he again sarcastically counters.
“I hate you,” she empathetically expresses making him chuckle again.
“Goodnight sweetheart...sweat dreams.”
Before she can call him an a-hole, he hangs up meaning Sam has to curse at the inanimate object in her hand.

Crawling into bed, Sam pulls her laptop onto her lap, knowing that she can’t put this off any longer. Christ, she never thoughts she’d be searching porn on the internet. Unsurprisingly there are literally thousands of hits for the search. Clicking on the first link, she finds herself on a porn website. Confirming she’s over 18, she selects the first video that’s labelled S&M. It starts off with a naked curvy brunette strung up by her wrists to the high ceiling of the empty building. She totters on her heels, shifting her weight and tugging slightly on the rope. As a man approaches, she raises her head and that’s when Sam can see the ball wedged between her lips. Sam feels a spark of thrill coursing through her.