20

Bringing Loki in proved more difficult than we thought. It's been a week since we've started looking for him again. Last time he wanted us to find him. Now he doesn't want to be found. The man knows how to hide, and stay hidden.

Worst part is that we keep getting different leads. Meaning I've been teleporting left and right all week. According to Tony it's easier for us to have me to teleport to the location by myself then have us all go. But whatever. I just don't know how much more I can take before I pass out. My body is literally breaking down.

I teleport into the lab onto the lab desk by Tony. "He's not in Bangkok." I say exasperated as I sit on the desk. "Dammit." Tony muttered. "There's a possibility in Beijing." Replied Bruce from the computer monitor he stood in front of. "You heard him Cheshire. Beijing is your nest destination." Said Tony.

He walked over towards another monitor and began to tap away on it. "How about bringing us back some Chinese food?" He asked not even looking away from the monitor. "How about we call it a day?" I ask as I lay back on the desk a headache starting to form.

"Not until we find Loki." He replied still tapping away at the monitor. "Bruce do you have any other leads?" He asked Bruce. "Tony!" I exclaimed sitting up, maybe a bit too fast. I quickly grip the edge of the desk. "I'm exhausted. I don't know how much more teleporting I can do before I pass out." I tell him. As I do I notice Steve eyeing me from where he's seated with the other avengers.

"She's right Tony." Said Steve. I looked over towards him and gave him a small smile, which he returned. "She can only do so much." He added.

"Fine." Sighed Tony. "But go to Beijing first and see if there's anything there." He said. I sighed. "Tony we're calling it a day." Steve said firmly standing up from the desk.

"No. It's fine Steve." I said getting down from the desk. Stopping for a second to make sure I won't fall. "I can do one more." I said. "Plus don't you want some good Chinese food?" I said with a small grin. "Are you sure?" He asked worriedly. "Because you do look tired. I don't think all this teleporting is a good idea." He said. "Steve. I'm fine really. I've got one more in me." I told him with a reassuring smile.

Like the others I also wanted to find Loki. For my own reasons, as well as the fact that he might know about who is trying to kill us and destroy the earth. But I want to know why he told me specifically. Other than the fact that I didn't defeat him when he tried to take over New York. There's more to it. I know it.

"So where exactly am I going?" I asked Tony turning towards him. "Downtown Beijing. There's a small apartment complex that he might be hiding out in." Tony replied while writing on a piece of paper. "We caught a couple images around this area with a person that looks similar to him. We might be right or wrong if it is him." He said handing me the paper with the address.

"Probably the ladder." I replied taking the paper. "I'll be back soon. I'll bring back Chinese food while I'm at it." I said. I waved at them then with a puff of black smoke teleport out of the lab and to an alley in downtown Beijing.

I take a look at my surroundings quickly to make sure no one was around. I looked down the dead end alley to see someone down in the corner. I walked closer to see who it was, and was met with green eyes. "Well, aren't you good at finding people." Loki said with a grin as he stepped out of the shadows.

Before I could try and reply a wave of exhaustion hit me like a freight car. This is what happens when I teleport too often. First I get headaches, and really sleepy. Then I get dizzy. If I stop teleporting then, and rest I'm okay. But I had to push it this time.

My headache came full force and my eyes began to flutter shut from exhaustion. With this I began to tumble downwards toward the pavement. But before I could make contact with the ground I was caught by two strong arms.

As I lost consciousness the last thing I saw was Loki's worried face as he tried to keep me awake.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Okay. Don't hate me! I know I took forever (that's an understatement), but in my defense I've been busy. Let's not forget I'm still in high school. Plus writer's block is a bitch. But here's a chapter! I hoped y'all liked it. I'm going to try and post another chapter in a few days. Hopefully. I'm not for sure yet. 

Until then.

~je13ss