Chapter 12

"Stars"

Turns out Alex was right, I did have too much to drink

Turns out Alex was right, I did have too much to drink. We end up laughing like crazy while we're walking through the streets. We went to a karaoke bar after we got kicked out of Low Light. In our defence who knew the horny guy was the son of the club owner? Yeah, we didn't either. The karaoke bar was way better anyway. There were only seven customers in there, including us. Mostly middle-aged men, but at least they were a good crowd. When we left the place was packed.

Now we are walking on the sidewalk to God-knows-where. We would be lying if we would say that we aren't drunk. We are laughing like total psycho's. We don't even know why we are, but eventually we lay down on the grass in a small park staring up at the sky. "When you hit that guy.. I was like... like damn..." I chuckle, enjoying the everlasting burning sensation in the back of my throat. "I didn't think you had it in you, Ally."

He hits me on my arm playfully, his laughter filling my ears. He stares into my eyes and the our laughing dies down. "I thought you were the snobby kind of celebrity." He says casually as if he had just commented on the weather. Me, being speechless and all, am unable to find my voice. He lets his eyes drift up towards the sky, breaking our eye contact. "You never seemed genuine in interviews and stuff. Most of the time you sound rehearsed." I stay quiet as he takes it upon himself to start speaking again. In the dark I can barely see his face properly. So I focus on the parts I can see clearly which happen to be his lips. "You're the one to talk with your one-night-stands."
He laughs, "And how would you know about those?"
"Are you kidding? I just witnessed one and I read the papers. I know a lot buddy."

Our laughter dies down. His voice barely above a whisper, "This'd be a cool date," I'm surprised to hear him say that because it sounds a bit out of character, but then his lips turn up, "girls dig romantic dates and bumping uglies all night would be worth the grass stains." This sounds more like the guy I newly met. "And here I thought you weren't that much of an asshole." That makes him chuckle, making his chest vibrate.
"You thought wrong."

A silence surrounds us, before I break it. "I believe there's more to you than you meets the eye." Again a silence greets us. Alex presses his lips together and he appears to be taken back by what I just said.

"I never had that kind of date and I don't mean the dirty part-" Al thinks it's a good time to interrupt me, "-are you sure because I'm willing to give you the full experience." He sits up, his face now close enough that I can see him wiggle his eyebrows at me. Punching him in the shoulder makes him fall back on the grass, "No, you perv."

"What I meant was, I never really had a date that wasn't somewhere out of sight or well inside."

Alex smirks at me which is the indicator that he doesn't take it seriously. "I'm pretty sure this counts as a date." I can't help but smile at the idiot next to me.