Chapter 1

"Tell me, Link... Do you really remember me?" Her long golden locks flowing in the wind that was carrying the dark clouds off the sky which was turning a soft shade of blue, Princess Zelda stood in the field of green grass, ruins of Guardian robots and destroyed buildings surrownding her and the Hero. The two had just sealed the great evil, Calamity Ganon away, who had been reighning over the land of Hyrule for the past one hundred years. The beast brought death and destruction to the land, but due to the princess's undying love and belief for the hero, her powers had awoken, and she fought the malice that was the Calamity Ganon for that whole century.
Taking small steps toward the Princess carrying the blood of the Goddes, her knight smiled softly at the woman before him. He then stood on one knee, kneeling before the beauty that she was, spoke: "Yes, I remember you, Princess Zelda. And I'd love to become your chosen knight once again"
Zelda smiled at the blonde hylian before her. She extended her hand toward him, like she did many years before.
"Then, hero, I grant you my blessing. In the name of Hylia, the Hero of Time, Twilight - You shall protect me and Hyrule together with the sword that seals the darkness" The two stood in silence for a moment. "Well -- I don't actually remember how it goes, but, somewhere along those lines." Link chuckled at the comment and stood up. He stared deeply into her beautiful emerald eyes, oh, how he loved those eyes! Seeing them sparkle in the sunlight made his heart flutter in his chest and he felt like he would do anything for her. Oh, he would fight an army of moblins, tackle a guardian or a silver lynel! How he dreaded to see those eyes soaked with tears, or burning with anger.
He shook his head. No, he shouldn't really be thinking like this. She's the princess, he's her appointed knight. Period.
Zelda smiled at him, Link grinned back. They turned toward the ruins and slowly made their way to Hyrule Castle in complete silence.