▪ I ▪

The Great Hall on that cloudy February was filled with the lots of students who mostly just got back from the Chrismast and New Year holiday.  They were noisily talking about their holidays. This included Tom Riddle's friends. They talked while Tom just listened. He spent his holiday at Hogwarts. Once in a while his friends would ask him about what he did during the holiday in which he would replied, "Just the usual stuff. Nothing interesting." He replied with a curt smile. The rest nodded and continued to talk and eat their dinner. He never really cared of socialising with people but only did it for the sake of normality. To be more precise, he did it for the sake of pretense normality.

Headmaster Dippet then stood on the podium, a smile appeared on his broad face as he began his speech. The students listened obediently, a look of confusion carved on each faces as he would never make speeches after the holidays which could only means that there were important messages he needed to convey. It turned out there are two things that he talked about. The first was about the abusive pranks that kept happening lately. The victims were always muggle students which made the school board to suspect the half-blood and pureblood students. He warned the possibilty of the wrongdoers to be expelled if they were caught. The second thing was a transfer student had come far away from the States. The student then walked into the hall. She had long legs and small waist. Her chin-leveled dark blond hair waved gingerly around her symmetrical face as she walked to the front of the hall, her walk was brisk, no smile on her face but a small pout in which was obvious that she tried to undo and failed to do so.

She sat on the stool, where the Sorting Hat was hovering about. She squirmed uncomfortably and her blue eyes were focused on the floor. Her face turning red as she felt all eyes on her.

+×+×

"Swift, Taylor!"

"Hmm.. From Ilvermony eh. Let's see.. I sense thirst of knowledge in which a Ravenclaw house would offer the best quench.. Ooh, but there is also sneakiness and dramatic gestures that inclines you to Slytherin.."
The Sorting Hat twisted his mouth, grunting and finally shouted, "Slytherin!"

There were applause and claps from all the students. The student, Taylor Swift, was told by Headmaster Dippet to sit at the Slytherin table. She nodded and quickly walked towards the Slytherin table, in which a few students moved aside. The dinner continued.

+×+×

Tom briefly introduced himself to Taylor. He was assigned to lead her to the common room as he was the head boy for Slytherin in that year. He led her to the Slytherin's dorm, which was in the dungeon. He explained to her about Hogwarts history briefly as well. Taylor remained silent as they walked.

+×+×

(A week after class started)

It was on Friday night that Tom came into the common room to find Taylor layed down on one of the sofa, one of her leg was twisted on top of the other, while she read a small red book. Instantly annoyed by the behaviour, Tom waved his wand and made her to move into a proper sitting by force.

"Hey!" Shouted Taylor who was clearly shocked.

With a smirk Tom said, "As the head Slytherin, I'm asking you to behave yourself. Several people are complaining of your wild behaviour."

"Excuse me? I have never bothered anybody. So please mind your own business." She rolled her eyes.

"How dare you answer me. Some people even told me that you jinx and hex them as you like. And what is that book that you are reading? Hand it over!"

"Like I said. It's none of your busi-" Tom took the book out of her hand. He flipped through the pages. "What is this? Some sort of diary? How old are you anyway? 8?" His smug faded as he finished flipping the book.

"Is there any dark secret that you hide in here?" He sternly asked Taylor.

"It's none of your business." She lifted one of her eyebrows.

Unsatisfied with her answer, Tom tried some charms to reveal the book contents. "Reveal yourself!"

"Open your secrets!"

"Flip!"

Taylor laughed as Tom failed to reveal the book. Tom threaten her.

"I would use dark spells if I have to, Swift."

"Oh really, what's your name again? Tom is it? Huh. What a common name." She rolled her eyes again.

Tom flinched when she said that. However he had sneakily enchanted the spell Muffliato to three third year students whom were sitting across the room. Then he quickly pointed the wand back to Taylor who was caught off guard.

"Alright, alright! I'll reveal this book. Duh!" She found herself unable to control her eyes-rolling as she did it for the third time.

She pointed her wand to the book and chanted, "Everything is gonna be okay, for this is taytay.."

When Tom snatched the book back, he was so satisfied to find the book was filled with many..

"Poems?"

"Thats it? Just poems? I thought that there would be new spells in here." He sneered.

Taylor grabbed her book back. She was heading to the girl's dormitory when she suddenly turn around to face Tom. "I know about the Slytherin-thugs. I know, that you are related to them. Who knows? Maybe, you are their mastermind after all. So you might want to treat me better next time." She rolled her eyes again before she finally walked to the girl's dorm. This time, leaving Tom off guard by her knowledge.