third year ➤boggarts and other terrible things

Start from the beginning

"The first time I rode a broom," I lie.

Lupin turns to me as though he knows that my real memory was about (y/n) which he obviously does. "Well it's not good enough. Not nearly good enough."

I sigh before walking a few steps closer to him and suddenly finding myself very intrigued by one of the candles in the classroom. "There's another. It's not happy, exactly. Well it is. It's the happiest I've ever felt... But it's complicated."

"Is it strong?"

I think about the memory. The memory of the day I found (y/n) in the chamber of secrets. Given the circumstances, I was just so glad to be able to see her. To physically hold her in my arms that I didn't care that we were in high danger I was just so incredibly happy to have her there, with me.

I look back up at Lupin and nod. It's strong enough. It has to be. "Then let's give it a try," he replies. "You feel ready?"

"Just do it."

I hold my wand out in front of me as Lupin unlatches the chest once again. The shrieking dementor, or rather boggart, floats out and hovers dangerously close to me. I try to remember the memory. What was it again? It's so hard to concentrate when all I can envision is the horrific beast in front of me.

"Expecto Patronum!" I yell. Nothing. "Expecto Patronum!"

But it doesn't work. Nothing happens. The moments passed and I wait for the moment where I fall over to happen. But it doesn't. Not one second later a white substance comes shooting out of my wand and attacks the boggart in front of me as though I've created a shield. Lupin laughs cheerfully from the sides and shortly after puts the boggart back in its trunk.

"Well done, Harry. Well done!" He exclaims.

"I think I've had enough... For today." I say panting as I walk over to him.

"Yes. Sit down. Here, eat this-"

"It'll help!" I interrupt making the two of us crack up.

"Just so you know, Harry. I think you would've given your father a run for him money. And that is saying something," he says genuinely patting my shoulder.

Before I can respond Hermione and Ron burst through the door frantically. "Harry!" They shout in unison.

"Whats going on?" I ask standing up.

"(y/n). She wrote a letter," Ron says.

"To who? Her mum?" I ask concerned.

It's been a touchy subject, (y/n)'s parents. We rarely talk about them, being who they are. And I shouldn't have a problem with her writing her mum but her being who she is, and the fact that we had a fight only a few hours ago, the whole things seems sketchy.

"Ok, well let's go," I say trying to get through the door. Ron and Hermione step in front of it preventing me from exiting. "What?" I ask annoyed.

"That's not the last of it," Hermione says awkwardly.

"What? What is it?"

"Well, the letters that the students write to their parents are monitored by the professors," Hermione begins.

"Yeah, and?"

"Up until last week it was Dumbledore but uh Snape had to take over, I'm not sure why."

"What does this have to do with anything, Hermione?"

"When the twins were out using one of their secret passageways to get somewhere, they heard Snape threatening Dumbledore that if (y/n) sends one more letter to her mum, he would tell the ministry that the daughter of the dark lord has been identified and is in contact with her mother," Ron says urgently.

"They'll take her to the ministry as soon as Snape tells them, as soon as she sends that letter," Hermione says.

"But she won't listen to us, Harry, you've gotta help. You've gotta stop her," Ron says desperately.

I turn to face Lupin. "Go," he says. "Go stop her. I'll go try to knock some sense into Snape."

"Thank you, Professor," I say before sprinting down the corridor, Ron and Hermione hot on my trail.

I crash into a few students but don't stop to apologize. I've got one thing and one thing only on my mind right now; do not let (y/n) Riddle send that letter.
***************
a/n

look at this. a chapter wow it's only been a month🙄

i'm so sorry guys everything's been hard lately. wattpad has been crashing homework has been multiplying. UGHHH still, not an excuse my sincerest apologies.

secondly, i've developed the nickname lele XD i'm not sure how or when but it's happened and for my own personal reasons if you guys can just call me that now, it'd make my life a whole lot easier, especially because i try to keep my identity on the down low. haters gonna hate and i hope ya'll loved the chapter..... or at least liked it, sauce me a vote 😛

i think that's all i have to say next update will be on friday🌸

and we'll talk soon loves.

LELE potter weasley malfoy finnegan diggory scamander

love you guys more than draco loves apples xx

dobby sock squad (back and better then ever) out.